Toronto Waterlink at Pier 27 | 43.89m | 14s | Cityzen | a—A

Concrete..as opposed to...?

Well Golleeeee Gee Willikekers! Come and have a gander at this ad Abner!!
The folks back in Toronto are building genuine concrete, yes thats right..concrete homes.

Ya got love marketing people.

Well Golleeeee Gee Willikekers! Come and have a gander at this ad Abner!!
The folks back in Toronto are building genuine concrete, yes thats right..concrete homes.

Ya got love marketing people.

If you live in an earthquake prone area, concrete construction is a pretty big selling point. I just spent several days looking for an apartment in Tokyo and "Concrete Construction" was generally listed as the first feature on all new buildings.

They are marketing the building to the Pacific Rim investor after all.

Congratulations on your purchase, alcool. Did you buy in the first or 2nd phase?

Contrary to what I previously read, there will be 5 phases (instead of 4) in that development. The lot seems to be tight for a 5th phase especially if they are going to continue the pattern of having 2 buildings per phase. Anyone with updated info on this?

sorry for the super late reply... i'm in phase 2. i didn't even know there was going to be more phases. yeah, it does seem tight for 5 phases.

Yes, one should not have a bunker mentality about concrete homes. ;)

Sorry, I could not resist...

in the new Condo Guide, there is an ad for a "new release of suites" on June 14th, a new nighttime rendering, and the following website...

http://www.waterlink.ca/

'Waterlink' at Pier 27, apparently....

Still really scared about the ground uses of this development. Have a feeling the first floor will just be lifeless condo facilities and private entrances.

I love this development but dislike the ground floor and its failure to address Queen's Quay.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know what the future holds for Redpath? Pier 27 and the Jarvis Spit are both designed to look away from it so the implies the plant is here to stay. But wisdom would hold that Redpath's days are numbered and that a site like this would quickly be bought and remediated. If that is true, it would perfect for landmark developments to link Jarvis and Yonge along Queens Quay. The failures of both Corus and Pier 27 should be well documented by then and the Plant's replacement might turn out to be the crowning jewel of the central waterfront.

I love this development but dislike the ground floor and its failure to address Queen's Quay.

Access and the water's edge could certainly be better however I don't see anything wrong with the way Queens Quay is addressed ... perhaps you haven't seen the whole picture with upcoming midrises consisting of apartments over retail facing QQ.

Perhaps the Redpath site could be converted into a gigantic food court megaplex, to appease those who feel persecuted by not being allowed to waddle into the lobby of every private development they encounter and buy some sort of consumable?

Perhaps the Redpath site could be converted into a gigantic food court megaplex, to appease those who feel persecuted by not being allowed to waddle into the lobby of every private development they encounter and buy some sort of consumable?

Excellent response.
That was sweet!

(Iknow,I know..) I'll go now

Good, but it sounded better when you used 'succor.'

Screen caps from the video:

2490503725_591b7a8180_o.jpg

2491320494_9dbf84ffc1_o.jpg

Apparently, the Pier is immune to Toronto smog:

2490503745_c269e45d60_o.jpg

2491320550_82947bb6b5_o.jpg

Last one sort of looks like Ontario Place:

2490503815_8301bd06bd_o.jpg

Hey Urban Shocker, maybe it could just be (gasp!) public space! God forbid we have open public space on the waterfront, beyond a narrow little walkway lined with townhouse entrances. And maybe, just maybe, that public space could have public uses that might actually attract people down to the waterfront. I know, unthinkable. Hell, maybe it could be designed by Peter Clewes! I bet that'd make it a better idea.

Back