IMG_3028.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,518
  • IMG_3029.JPG
    IMG_3029.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,501
  • IMG_3033.JPG
    IMG_3033.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 1,496
Looks like some of those cedars didn't survive the last brutal winter.

Emerald cedars are not especially hardy in our zone - they get desiccated in our winters - and dryness is the death of them. When I see them in Toronto, I know the landscaper is presenting an idea of a place, not the reality of the place.

Why do the gas pipes have to be so prominent? Can't they be put somewhere out of the way.

Notice how they covered the south side facing the residents but left the ugly pipes on the north side, facing pedestrians, completely exposed.

Does anybody know if they are working on the promenade along the water right now? When is it supposed to be open to the public?

Does anybody know if they are working on the promenade along the water right now? When is it supposed to be open to the public?

The promenade is certainly public but the only public access to it is, I think, at Captain John's Quay and it's blocked off now. I assume that the promenade will be fixed up and opened at the same time as the park that's supposed to be developed on the Quay but .... (I noticed yesterday that they (WT?) already repaired the dock wall south of where the Jadran was berthed, they now presumably need to do a similar fix-up where the hulk was tied up. Anyone know if the dock wall south of Pier 27 was fixed?)

I think you're wrong about that. If I remember correctly there is also a link to the water through the middle of the condo complex, so they really don't have to wait for the park to be built.

Torontovibe is correct. There is public access in the middle. We don't have to wait to see it, you can see it in the first picture posted above...

Last edited:

Back