Toronto Waterfront Innovation Centre | 53.03m | 11s | Waterfront Toronto | Sweeny &Co

I think what

Bold is my own emphasis - and this is what irks me about the whole project. Understandably competition proposal vs final build is going to be different, but this one felt borderline daylight robbery IMHO.
Every time I look at the renderings of the original proposal, knowing what it ended up being, I want to smack someone in the face for this travesty. This is should be criminal. I say, lock'em up! Jail a couple of developers for bait-and-switch tactics and that solves Toronto architecture woes on the going forward basis. If only we could...

Every time I look at the renderings of the original proposal, knowing what it ended up being, I want to smack someone in the face for this travesty. This is should be criminal. I say, lock'em up! Jail a couple of developers for bait-and-switch tactics and that solves Toronto architecture woes on the going forward basis. If only we could...
The waterfront DRP had something to do with it. It's not all on Menkes.

From this evening.
A lot of equipment stuffed into this little site.

IMG_3212.jpg

The equipment galore at this site is impressive. So much stuffed in such a relatively small footprint.

20181219 InovCentre 1.jpg

20181219 InovCentre 2.jpg

20181219 InovCentre 3.jpg

20181219 InovCentre 6.jpg

20181219 InovCentre 7.jpg

20181219 InovCentre 8.jpg

I'm kinda confused by the shoring rig on the western patch of this site. Does the building footprint extend all the way over this road? When is the road getting closed down/removed?

20181219 InovCentre 5.jpg

Also, can anyone tell what this diagonal drilling bad boy is for? Tiebacks?
20181219 InovCentre 4.jpg

Last edited:
The equipment galore at this site is impressive. So much stuffed in such a relatively small footprint.

I'm kinda confused by the shoring rig on the western patch of this site. Does the building footprint extent all the way over this road? When is the road getting closed down/removed?

Also, can anyone tell what this diagonal drilling bad boy for? Tiebacks?

Building does go over the road.

Diagonal drilling is for tiebacks.

Back