Toronto Waterfront Innovation Centre | 53.03m | 11s | Waterfront Toronto | Sweeny &Co

It's not a bad building but it no doubt could have been better. That slanted roof proposal from the other developer would have been so much better.

This is a mediocre building at best although that terra cotta paneling is pretty eye-catching.

Last edited:
8DA8106B-3564-48C2-AFD7-A179C1D6A166.jpeg

this happens all the time here because people start judging buildings when they're like 30% complete
True and it is not always a building moving from terrible to OK (or better) it also happens the other way when a development undergoes 'the cheapening' and/or the execution is poor. We can all think of examples and you are right that we should not be too quick to judge. (Though I am not holding my breath for that to happen :-> )

For the most part, this developer held true to their renders and delivered a solid build with excellent materials (far exceeding anything in the 905...). IMO, most of the negative comments I've read are a bit dramatic.

Is it worthy of a waterfront location? No. But it's pretty much hidden from the skyline (and always would have been) because of the hideous Corus building and is arguably a step-up from ALL other east waterfront builds on that block (and many others from the proceeding area).

Street level looks solid and I look forward to the public food court and the added animation this building will bring to the area. Already, I feel like this stretch of the waterfront is set to outshine the west side in the next 10 years.

Really coming around to this building the more I see of it. It's certainly nothing amazing but it fits in nicely along this stretch and it's hardly visible on the skyline anyways. Those orange bands really stand out in such a colour deprived part of the city.

Really coming around to this building the more I see of it. It's certainly nothing amazing but it fits in nicely along this stretch and it's hardly visible on the skyline anyways. Those orange bands really stand out in such a colour deprived part of the city.
Agreed, yep. They add something important. As do the articulations on the south side--and that's exactly what I think is missing also on the north side.

Back