Toronto Waterfront Innovation Centre | 53.03m | 11s | Waterfront Toronto | Sweeny &Co

Do you guys think it could be a mistake to build the western portion of this development? Would it have been better left as public space instead of abutting right against the slip and potentially tucking Sugar Beach away from Queen's Quay?

Do you guys think it could be a mistake to build the western portion of this development? Would it have been better left as public space instead of abutting right against the slip and potentially tucking Sugar Beach away from Queen's Quay?
There was lots of this discussion a few years ago but that ship has sailed.

I think that tone is what YC Condos was going for, but failed to deliver.

12 storeys of it might be a bit much, but at least it's got a different colour/texture to it than everything else down there

14A910F5-BAD4-44E8-9C74-E06838777E3A.jpeg

Agreed that the detailing looks good, but it's a bit of an odd colour combination, the dull caramel spandrel and the blue-green glass. IMO will need to see more of it to form a better opinion of it.

Could have been a bit more lively with brighter spandrel colours (though the overall snoozefest of a design makes it a steep hill to climb).

I'm getting a copper vibe from this (and earlier) shot, and think it works great with the excellent glazing.
Agreed! The colour of the spandrel reminds me of fresh copper, and the glazing has a bit of the colour of patinated copper, at least from the angle of the latest photo. Looks pretty significantly different from the dark blue glazing shown in the renders, but I think it works.

I think it looks very good so far. Maybe it doesn't push the boundaries, but it is elegant, handsome, and very well executed. East waterfront needs every well-executed building it can get.

It is certainly turning out crisper than the renders.

Back