Toronto W Hotel Toronto | ?m | 9s | Larco | a—A

Hi UT -

Longtime lurker, first-time poster. Glad to see W finally come to Toronto, even if it's in a warmed-over Marriott. Hopefully Larco's 40 million dollars will go a long way to transforming this property into something special and game-changing for a hospitality market as thriving as T-O's. Thanks to all who have been actively contributing updates - they go a long way for those of us without immediate visual access to the project!

The hotel's website is now up at the following link: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yyzwh-w-toronto/

They've also added the below renderings; the first two are of the lobby, the third the lobby café and the fourth and fifth are of the rooftop bar. Glad to see the renderings are more updated and vibrant; the first image of the new bar space looked a little... sparse. I've e-mailed the hotel's director of sales, and he says that construction is moving quickly and that they're targeting an opening in July 2020.

Enjoy, and thanks again! Keep the updates coming!

khabah

View attachment 224800
View attachment 224801
View attachment 224802
View attachment 224803
View attachment 224804
With a respite centre literally around the corner on Park (love the garbage can fires and the zombie apocalypse welcome experience) and that garbage dump of a mall...I'm pretty sure all will be for naught.

I am not sure which one of those renderings it is, But they are also redoing this big glass box in the middle of the hotel floors, I believe it hotel floor 1. The rooms on this floor will have walkout terraces to the new courtyard.

The hotel’s website has loaded up some data on the new rooms - no photos yet, but entry-level rooms start at a paltry 24 square meters/266 square feet up to 159 square meters/1765 square feet for the top-end Extreme Wow Suite. Eleven of the fifteen room categories have either ‘limited’ or ‘courtyard’ view rooms.

Edit: rooms are now bookable from October 1st and start at 504 CAD a night.

I’m starting to think this W will be nothing more than a couple of cool bars. Heck, Marriott will slap any logo on any building if the owner’ll pay for the rights to it, so by all means. Money talks...

khabah

Last edited:
wj2419.jpg

It's definitely less bad than the present version!

Really that is a positive. It's still nowhere near what it could be; which is disappointing.

Still, I'll take the improvement, with the admonition that it makes the rest of the facade look that much worse by comparison.

I wonder how awkward this'll look in relation to the greater podium and building scheme; a shiny white patch of illuminated ceramic and frosted glass in a sea of brown concrete could mean that the end result will look like a crisp nosejob on a face bogged down by saggy, sallow skin.

khabah

I wonder how awkward this'll look in relation to the greater podium and building scheme; a shiny white patch of illuminated ceramic and frosted glass in a sea of brown concrete could mean that the end result will look like a crisp nosejob on a face bogged down by saggy, sallow skin.

khabah
I don't know, I think it could actually end-up looking pretty cool among a sea of cr*p. If done right, the contrast could actually bring more attention to it vs. less.

Back