Toronto W Hotel Toronto | ?m | 9s | Larco | a—A

I think the rest are apartment units. Anyways, all that fluffy language in the press release - and a look at the building and the complex itself. Nah...

AoD
You also have the parking garage on the back of the building which takes up a bunch of floors. If I recall properly the building has 5 stakeholders which have to work together for the whole complex.

Indeed, the first W was a conversion done in the 90's and certainly didn't have any flash on the outside.

It rebranded earlier this year to "The Maxwell" but the exterior hasn't been touched.
Sadly the interior hadn't been touched in years either which is why it ceased to be a W

This crane is in place.
D8181112-2F29-48A1-8322-4F56E4DEFC18.jpeg

Sorry, new guy here. I live above it, and frankly, Larco has done a crappy job of advising the tenants of the plans. I didn't know it was going to be a W hotel until today, and I doubt many of my neighbours know this either.

Sorry, new guy here. I live above it, and frankly, Larco has done a crappy job of advising the tenants of the plans. I didn't know it was going to be a W hotel until today, and I doubt many of my neighbours know this either.
No apology required for making your first post! Welcome to UT, and please feel free to keep us up to date with whatever's happening around the complex, whether you discover it on your own or if Larco distributes information!

I lived there in the 80's & 90's, best apartment I ever had, except no balconies. The Concourse was a dump - the retail section at the north/east end was empty for a decade, a dreary food court beyond that and pink & purple neon running along recessed areas of the mall ceiling, when it worked. The reno. finally happened about the mid 90's, the empty retail end was demolished and became the "below level" HBC and the mall was brightened up. I remember the Concourse with the ceilings stripped, there isn't much room above the drop ceiling, in fact, there's no room. It's all HVAC, pipes everywhere and then concrete - probably 12' - 14' from floor to ceiling slab. No ceiling height can be gained in the Concourse, but the HBC store has lots of potential.

Here's the other thing. Since there is a double wide sidewalk in front of the building, with street lights on the edge of the sidewalk, and the hotel closed, the north side of the street is dark as hell. The HBC does not have much lighting on the building itself, and with the hotel closed, there is less lighting, thus making folks feel unsafe. It's pretty sketchy on that stretch of the street most days, but with the hotel closed, it's bad.

just taking a look at some of the comments - all this is a change to the 70s street façade but odd the city is allowing encroachment onto the sidewalk. If this Yonge/bloor subway enhancement goes forward this entire area may be dug up for a really long time (look at union).

Back