Toronto W Hotel Toronto | ?m | 9s | Larco | a—A

…or bench, information sign, or garbage can.

Ain't that the god awful truth - they are downright hostile!
The small silver boxes are *acceptable alternatives, but their larger bloated and useless cousins, should be blown-up and destroyed forth-with.

hbcd319.jpg

I feel like they’re going to cover the wall up vs tear the panels off. The plans don’t show windows above the ground floor, so I’m betting this is just an overclad.

That it'll one day be replaced by a generic wall of large format glass-fronted retail spaces is almost inevitable. So when that happens, I'll miss the HBC Centre.

I like that our Brutalist behemoths add layers of history and interest to our cityscape. Even if once can argue they're "ugly" - at least they stand as landmarks of solidity amid the glassy tide of junkspace rising up everywhere around them...

Hi UT -

Longtime lurker, first-time poster. Glad to see W finally come to Toronto, even if it's in a warmed-over Marriott. Hopefully Larco's 40 million dollars will go a long way to transforming this property into something special and game-changing for a hospitality market as thriving as T-O's. Thanks to all who have been actively contributing updates - they go a long way for those of us without immediate visual access to the project!

The hotel's website is now up at the following link: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yyzwh-w-toronto/

They've also added the below renderings; the first two are of the lobby, the third the lobby café and the fourth and fifth are of the rooftop bar. Glad to see the renderings are more updated and vibrant; the first image of the new bar space looked a little... sparse. I've e-mailed the hotel's director of sales, and he says that construction is moving quickly and that they're targeting an opening in July 2020.

Enjoy, and thanks again! Keep the updates coming!

khabah

yyzwh-living-room-4319-hor-clsc.jpg

yyzwh-livingroom-4318-hor-clsc.jpg

yyzwh-cafe-2481-hor-clsc.jpg

yyzwh-rooftop-restaurant-4320-hor-clsc.jpg

yyzwh-rooftop-patio-4321-hor-clsc.jpg

It would be nice if the residents of the building received access to some of the building amenities. We sleep through the construction, we breathe in the construction dust in our lobby and yet are treated as second class.

Larco is a shitty property manager, and a worse landlord.

Back