IMG_8869.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8876.jpg
    IMG_8876.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_8869.jpg
    IMG_8869.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 546
I believe that there are vague plans to renovate the structure over Wellesley station, but I haven't seen anything comprehensive in that regard yet.

It's not part of the TTC station. It is the parking garage for the apartment building at 15 Dundonald. They even have a private pool, tennis court, and basketball court up on top.

Out of curiosity, I sent an email to Councillor Wong-Tam asking: “Are you an advocate of improvements to the exterior of Wellesley station? Are any plans underway in this regard?”

This is what I heard back from a member of her staff today: “Councillor Wong-Tam has asked the TTC to review a number of opportunities for improvements to this station, including beautifying the sides, improved laneway lighting, and an expansion of the pedestrian connection on the east side of the station. Some of these improvements are underway, but we will be escalating the requests to ensure that the beautification and pedestrian access pieces are fully evaluated.”

So, there is hope...

A shot from today:

vox_800_.jpg

Attachments

• vox_800_.jpg
    vox_800_.jpg
    754.6 KB · Views: 538
It's interesting to see Wellesley develop its own streetwall east of Bay here. It was always a smaller street, but now is turning into more of a corridor like Carlton.

It's even got a proper eastern terminus from this view, albeit an ugly one.

Back