Toronto Vox Condominiums | 115.82m | 35s | Cresford | a—A

These are great, 42! I think this could have been a great addition on Wellesley.

40well1.jpg

40well2.jpg

I really like it too. It is definitely different from what we usually see. Seems it would have fit in really well too.

What a piece of crap. Like the garbage you see coming out in Edmonton.

I'm not sure if I like it. I think it would have felt out of place on Wellesley. I kind of like the idea of Wellesley being a quieter, more relaxed street. Most of the buildings along it are set back with nice landscaping and everything feels nice and open. Something more in the scale of 22 Wellesley would work better here

The tower is narrow enough that something this size might work behind a new retail streetwall along the south side of Wellesley on the huge remaining parcel of the operaplace lands (favouring the west portion).

Punch a couple of holes in the streetwall to allow access to a new, sunny, horseshoe-shaped urban park (bending around the south elevation of the tower).

operaplace.jpg

Edmonton would kill to get something like this. The nicest tower under construction here right now is the bottom of the barrel for Toronto tower projects.

A. You don't see any resemblance?
B. I'm refering to the newer proposals

No, it's not a box but that doesn't negate the fact it's a confusing jumbled mess of doodads and setbacks with a skin colour only Donald Trump would approve.

Maybe just the place for one of 3D's crystaline entities eventhough that trend is quitely losing steam.

They are still working on this - looks like it has been reduced to 26 storeys.......from today's Daily Commercial News...

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDING Proj: 9056246-9

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANNING
40 Wellesley St E, M4Y 1G4
$40,000,000 est

Note: Cons has completed preliminary design. Owner is seeking Municipal rezoning approvals. Arch expects to begin Working drawings when approvals are in place late Fall/early Winter, 2009. Schedules for Sub trade tender and construction are undetermined. Further update November, 2009.
Project: proposed const of a 26-storey glass-clad condo apartment building with commercial space at grade.
Scope: 200,000 square feet; 26 storeys; 1 storey below grade; 214 units; 1 acres
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services

Back