Toronto Vita Two On The Lake | 61.57m | 16s | Mattamy Homes | Graziani + Corazza

J

Josef

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 420
Here's what the site looks like as of yesterday late afternoon:

DSC06526.jpg

That's the southeast end of the excavation for Vita, which crosses over to the Vita Two area. The old parking lot for the sales centre, accessed from Lake Shore, is gone, with cars now parking behind he hoarding to the left above, accessed from Marine Parade. No idea what percentage of Vita Two is sold yet, so I'm not sure when the sales pavilion will actually come down. (I really like that little building, and if it's built in a way that it could be picked up and moved in a couple of pieces, I'd like to see it moved into Humber Bay Park east to be repurposed as a community facility.)

Meanwhile, we have a new story about Vita up on the front page.

Attachments

• DSC06526.jpg
    DSC06526.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 2,294
A bit of investigative photography here, mostly because I am stunned by the start of shoring. Mattamy had a really nice looking sales centre on the site of Vita 2, which I think I remember seeing as late as August 2018. I ride past this site at least 10 times a week, but I did not notice that they demolished the darn thing! I mean, the sales centre just ninja'd its way out of existence and I never even noticed it.

Nov. 2016, Google streetview:
Vita2 sw1 nov2016.png

Now:
Vita2 sw1a nov2016.jpg

A different perspective, Google streetview, July 2017:
Vita2 sw2 Jul2017.png

Now, just the Conservatory sales centre and newly built Eau du Soleil tower in the background:
Vita2 sw2a July2017.jpg

The shoring rig on this site looks very similar to what was used at Pinnacle One Yonge:

Vita2 z1.jpg

Vita2 z2.jpg

Last edited:

Back