Pictures taken earlier today, the underground levels are taking shape nicely:

vita 0.JPG

vita 1.JPG

vita 2.JPG

vita 3.JPG

I am confused by this thing just south of the pit:

vita 6.JPG

vita 7.JPG

Is this a shoring rig for Vita 2? Isn't Vita 2 sharing the underground levels with Vita and they are constructed at the same time?

Attachments

• vita 5.JPG
    vita 5.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 393
Last edited:
Vita 2 will be built where the presentation centre is now, and its garage levels will extend southeast from the Vita garage levels.

where the presentation centre is now

Apparently, the presentation centre disappeared overnight at some point in the last few months. See my post on this on the Vita 2 thread. It's a shame to see this temp. building demolished. It was a really nice building. With the shortage of child cares and other community centres in this city, I wonder why we don't mandate re-purposing these condo sales centres for public use.

There is Conservatory group's going up right now east of Lago, and then there is one more (I believe) Mattamy project left between this and Jade Waterfront.

There is Conservatory group's going up right now east of Lago, and then there is one more (I believe) Mattamy project left between this and Jade Waterfront.
AFAIK, the Vita kids are Mattamy's last buildings here, the space beside them where the Conservatory Group sales office is currently located is someone else's, maybe Conservatory.

This section looks to be getting full, I agree. what the skyline for this region will look like when all done.
Even if the stretch is becoming pretty full, the skyline will be impacted heavily by what happens behind them at the Kraft Bakery site.

It is pretty exciting (if not for the lack of transit).

Even if the stretch is becoming pretty full, the skyline will be impacted heavily by what happens behind them at the Kraft Bakery site.
It is pretty exciting (if not for the lack of transit).

I've said it before and I will say it again: the area is perfectly served by the year-round Martin-Goodman bike trail. Sure, once the Park Lawn GO and Waterfront LRT West are built, the demographics such as seniors and people with reduced mobility will be better served. Everyone else has no one else but themselves to blame for their transit woes. Get on with the 21st century and stop thinking that ancient relics like cars and trains are the only means of transportation. And if you are too lazy to actually pedal your way to where you need to go, then they make e-bikes for people just like you! ;)

Back