Toronto

Via Bloor | 138m | 46s | Tridel | architectsAlliance

stjames2queenwest

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. I think they could survive here. This area has the ability to support way more retail than it currently has. I just don't see it being high end fashion retail.

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
I think anything could survive here providing there's a big anchor to get people to come to peripheral location. Cabbagetown and Rosedale are not that far away.

philiphayward

Member Bio
Reaction score
I cannnot believe the developer or any business believes a storefront on the side of Bloor will have sufficient parking or pedestrian walk-ins to maintain said business.
Is there going to be a central corridor inside serving the ground-level shops maybe?

modernizt

Member Bio
Reaction score
I cannnot believe the developer or any business believes a storefront on the side of Bloor will have sufficient parking or pedestrian walk-ins to maintain said business.
Is there going to be a central corridor inside serving the ground-level shops maybe?
Are you serious? Bloor Street is a great spot for retail.

An interior corridor for retail is what would be more likely to fail.

SunriseChampion

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. I think they could survive here. This area has the ability to support way more retail than it currently has. I just don't see it being high end fashion retail.
Gap and Banana Republic aren't exactly "high end fashion". St Jamestown is ready for, dare I say, lame fashion. Bring on the Gap.

stjames2queenwest

Member Bio
Reaction score
Here are my reasonable hopes for the site: 711, LCBO, Starbucks, smokes poutinerie. But that’s asking a lot as it is.

TheKingEast

Member Bio
Reaction score
I can't really see too many clothing retailers setting up shop there, but can see (like someone else mentioned) an LCBO, mid-level restaurant, Drugmart, Coffee shop, etc. People aren't going to travel there to pick up some jeans (Gap). Area is changing but it's not at that level yet and there is very limited retail East of Yonge anyways.

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
Are you serious? Bloor Street is a great spot for retail.

An interior corridor for retail is what would be more likely to fail.
Bloor Street is a long street. It's not unreasonable to assume retail will struggle here. It's not anywhere near established retail and a bit of a no mans lands. Has to be pretty damn convincing retail to get Rosedale folks walking east from Glen instead of west. There is an untapped market once the dead starting walking.