Metrogate Towns now above ground :)
Click to Enlarge

September 2 2010 update

Metrogate Townhouses now taking shape~
IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_5033.jpg

Last edited:
Townhomes of Metrogate- October Construction Photos

Photos of Townhomes of Metrogate construction taken end of October, 2010.

101101-0001.jpg

101101-0031-Edit-2.jpg

hmm, I thought tridel built townhomes from concrete generally - forget tridel, just in general, what material is used ?

Nov 7 2010 update

Metrogate Townhouses - not liking the public housing look of these blocks
IMG_5105.jpg

What does that mean? How are these any different than the other townhouses Tridel has sold at other development sites? Or the schlock that Remington has built at Downtown Markham?

Actually, I'll take these "public housing" townhouses over Metrogate's any day

Moving down Cole Street:

ColeSt2.jpg

ColeSt3.jpg

ColeSt25Colepano.jpg

ColeSttownhouseCladding.jpg

ColeStTownhouses.jpg

ColeStTCHDundasSackvillepano.jpg

from the Regent Park Phase 1 thread.

What does that mean? How are these any different than the other townhouses Tridel has sold at other development sites? Or the schlock that Remington has built at Downtown Markham?

Actually, I'll take these "public housing" townhouses over Metrogate's any day

from the Regent Park Phase 1 thread.

Let me clarify ... I'm not liking the Metogate Towns' (OLD Regen Park style) public housing look

IE:
063008boardofregents_fathima.jpg

Regent%20Park%20Demo%20Media%20Event%202006%20001.jpg

I certainly agree with you that the NEW Regent Park towns are much better looking than these Metrogate Towns, what bugs me with Tridel's design is that all units (including the corner) look exactly the same outside with exactly the same colour, same material, very uniform with no architectural elements and cheap looking ~ At minimum the Regent Park Towns had a good mix of glass / spandrel / brick

townhome1_500.jpg

Dec 26 2010 update

Metrogate Townhouses - black brick installation underway
IMG_5151.jpg

Ventus @ Metrogate (Scarborough, Tridel, 2x 30s, G+C)

I could be wrong, as I was zooming by on the 401 today in the midst of rush-hour mixed-precipitation traffic, but I believe there is a new crane up on site as of the last couple of days. It was behind the Solaris towers so I believe it is for the Ventus towers. Anyone know if they've started construction?

you are correct jswag ... Ventus 1 has began excavation / construction, Ventus 2 is expected to start in the next month or two (according to Tridel's sales staff)

Ventus UCIT Construction Camera on top of Solaris

UCIT construction camera that will update high res photos every 30 minutes of Ventus construction at Tridel's Metrogate LEED-ND community. Camera is placed on top of the adjacent Solaris tower just to the south.

image1.jpg

Last edited:

Back