Toronto Velocity at the Square | 122.52m | 40s | HNR | P + S / IBI

I have a feeling it's mostly the angle of the rendering they've used. Judging by the little bit in that rendering that you can see of the east side, it doesn't appear too bad thanks to the use of glass. It is unfortunate, however, that from directly north at Dundas Square it does look quite monstrous. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised north side is the worse side angle to view the building from.

I hated this building the first time I saw it but actually, I think it's not bad at all. It just doesn't go with this location, IMO :cool:

Last edited:
Pretty boring building for the vicinity of the second busiest intersection in Toronto, Yonge and Gerrard is going big/tall, Yonge and Bloor is going bigger, Whats up with this area, Come on.. Yonge and Dundas needs something big and iconic.

It needs more signs. Honestly, I want to see this place become one giant district of ridiculous advertisements. Hopefully some more interesting and creative ones, 3D ones or what have you.

The Yonge and Dundas area could use some spectacular towers because of its visibility and all the shows and events that take place in the square. The context here isn't some boring avenue of hospitals and government buildings.

The Yonge and Dundas area could use some spectacular towers because of its visibility and all the shows and events that take place in the square. The context here isn't some boring avenue of hospitals and government buildings.

Pretty boring building for the vicinity of the second busiest intersection in Toronto, Yonge and Gerrard is going big/tall, Yonge and Bloor is going bigger, Whats up with this area, Come on.. Yonge and Dundas needs something big and iconic.

Absolutely, definitely. And not another lost opportunity for something that could really turn heads, unlike most of what surrounds Y+D Square.

It is THE busiest intersection in Toronto, not the second busiest.

Not to bring up the Dundas Square=Times Square thing again, but I think this would be our version of the NY Marriott Marquis Times Square, which appears to be the ugliest building in Times Square.

MarriottMarquis-001.jpg

Not to bring up the Dundas Square=Times Square thing again, but I think this would be our version of the NY Marriott Marquis Times Square, which appears to be the ugliest building in Times Square.

MarriottMarquis-001.jpg

Though not necessarily as "antiurban".

Funny how I first thought that was the building at Elm + McCaul...

MarriottMarquis-001.jpg

Maybe so but in the absence of other notable highrises around Dundas Square the impact here is so much greater than the impact of the Marriott in Times Square where it competes with many other towers.

Back