Toronto The Uptown Residences | ?m | 48s | Pemberton | Burka

Yes it could have been better (the top a bit more interesting) but given all the green glass going up these days I wish we had more like this spread out around town. If nothing else but to dilute the green glass somewhat.

Yes it could have been better (the top a bit more interesting) but given all the green glass going up these days I wish we had more like this spread out around town. If nothing else but to dilute the green glass somewhat.

I totally agree, there could have been more detailing at the top and on the tower itself, but at least it isn't just all glass. When I look at it, it reminds me of a tower one might see in Manhattan.

This tower could have been so much better by simply using 2 different contrasting colours on the precast. A nice while/black combo would have brought out the design details much better and would not have costed much to do. The podium of this tower is unforgivable.

I actually just bought a unit from the builder in the Uptown. I know that the building has been panned by most people on this forum. However, I like the building, I think the simple design will age well enough. Another thing, the building has some large spaces, the one we bought is 1860 sq. ft and has an additional 145 sq ft of outdoor terrace space. The large units are one thing that it has going for it for sure and one of the reasons that we decided to take the plunge to go back to living in a condo. It was challenging to find a condo with this much space near Yonge and Bloor that didn't cost an arm and a leg. The layout gives us three different exposures and good finishes.

Woah. That's nice.

Wow the resurrection of 1700+ posts of a thread, that the point was discussed over and over again:eek:

It was resurrected as I happened to swing by the area and thought I'd share a couple of quick snaps I took of the building. It was a beautiful day and Uptown looked good in the sun. Debate it if you want, if not, move along.

That being said, perhaps the Mods should archive this thread as the project appears to have wrapped up.

We don't archive threads on UrbanToronto. We want all posts regarding a project in one spot. It's no big deal if a thread is resurrected.

Though not in the same class, I like the staggered non-symmetrical look (akin to 500 5th Ave.) it exhibits from certain angles:

IMG_0761.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0761.jpg
    IMG_0761.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,935
I generally like this building, and my eye almost always moves towards it when I'm in that part of town. But I also think that I like it because of its context--it stands out in a city where condos are becoming increasingly homogeneous. I think a critical look does reveal this building to look a bit cheap, and the dark windows makes it look like there's permanently no one living there.

I actually just bought a unit from the builder in the Uptown. I know that the building has been panned by most people on this forum. However, I like the building, I think the simple design will age well enough. Another thing, the building has some large spaces, the one we bought is 1860 sq. ft and has an additional 145 sq ft of outdoor terrace space. The large units are one thing that it has going for it for sure and one of the reasons that we decided to take the plunge to go back to living in a condo. It was challenging to find a condo with this much space near Yonge and Bloor that didn't cost an arm and a leg. The layout gives us three different exposures and good finishes.

There are some great suites here, spacious and well designed, especially in the top half of the building. Problem is most south views (the premium views and exposure to me) are blocked by that grey POS next door.

You're right, with the Crystal Blu right to the south of the Uptown, unless you are high up enough to see over it, your view would be partly obstructed by it. Our unit is at the level of the mechanicals of Crystal Blu, thus we can see a lot of sky over that building. However, we also mostly look south east past the building and see the lake and island.

I was impressed with the natural light on this building. The building is usually of a sandy colour.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2351.jpg
    IMG_2351.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 1,523
Last edited:

Back