Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Union Station – Bay Concourse Tim Hortons is Open
Union Station – There’s a new Tim Hortons open in the Bay Concourse! You’ll find it next to the Service Counter. Enjoy!

Question is, will Mr. Tory attend ribbon cutting?

Union Station – Bay Concourse Tim Hortons is Open
Union Station – There’s a new Tim Hortons open in the Bay Concourse! You’ll find it next to the Service Counter. Enjoy!

Question is, will Mr. Tory attend ribbon cutting?
You mean the rim rolling?

I swear...........it was only a few days ago I posted this:

But the St. Clair example goes way back and both still formed a single historic concession road, while The Esplanade West was a new street so the City stopped and thought "What were we thinking when we named it!?".
I think you assume that the "City thinks". There are many streets south of Front/King that are prefixed with "Lower" (Simcoe, Jarvis, Sherbourne, River). One (George) is suffixed with the word "South". Many are just "plain" (e.g. Bay, Yonge, Church, Parliament and Cherry.) Confusing, eh!

He did, so you probably do.

Oakville was the one I recall specifically.

Beaverton, is that you? 😂

“For me, coffee is the one thing that can literally make my morning commute more enjoyable. It can give me a little bit of a boost or put a hop in my step during my evening commute,” said Del Duca.

I think you assume that the "City thinks". There are many streets south of Front/King that are prefixed with "Lower" (Simcoe, Jarvis, Sherbourne, River). One (George) is suffixed with the word "South". Many are just "plain" (e.g. Bay, Yonge, Church, Parliament and Cherry.) Confusing, eh!

The trouble is that everything south of Front St. used to be under water. All that land is infill. So when the roads were extended South the city had two choices; 1) have EVERY building along everyone of those streets be readdressed with the new addressing numbers beginning at the new lakeshore (with the potential of this happening in the again in the future), or 2) append South to all the street extensions South of Front and address them separately (Similar to how many if not most main E/W streets are named with E or W appended to their name depending on their location relative to Yonge St.). On of these two options is much simpler than the other.

Every time I walk from Union TTC to a connecting GO service I try and put myself in the shoes of someone who has never been there before. Yesterday, I tried to find the GO bus station, and needless to say, I had no idea where I was going.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trouble is that everything south of Front St. used to be under water. All that land is infill. So when the roads were extended South the city had two choices; 1) have EVERY building along everyone of those streets be readdressed with the new addressing numbers beginning at the new lakeshore (with the potential of this happening in the again in the future), or 2) append South to all the street extensions South of Front and address them separately (Similar to how many if not most main E/W streets are named with E or W appended to their name depending on their location relative to Yonge St.). On of these two options is much simpler than the other.
Exactly! Pick "south" or "Lower" or "???" but be consistent!

Back