Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

An admittedly four-and-a-half year old plan I have shows unit 201 in the southeast corner of the Bay GO Concourse, and not in the Great Hall.

There was some discussion of this permit application here a few weeks ago when it was first applied for and someone (who seemed to know) said it was for Bay concourse work.

@union2pearson , The Tim Hortons building application has now been updated with the words "Great Hall" (and has been refused yesterday).
Can you comment as to where exactly this is?

View attachment 233162
Oh no, I hope the wording is wrong and Tim's is not setting up shop at the Great Hall:

View attachment 240855

Feels like deja vu all over again. Only this time it's approved.

I note that on the application it states no seating. So it will basically be a walk up style timmies similar to what you might see in a shopping mall, or (more analogous) at Pearson airport.

Feels like deja vu all over again. Only this time it's approved.

I note that on the application it states no seating. So it will basically be a walk up style timmies similar to what you might see in a shopping mall, or (more analogous) at Pearson airport.

The Tim's in the "New" Bay Concourse will be something similar to the current one at the York Concourse Food Court. Nothing has changed again, except that the status is "approved" due to modifications with the electrical work that delayed the process.

Morning everyone,

I was walking through the York Teamway around 1 a.m. and noticed signs on the wall saying NO PARKING (as seen in the below images).

I know the loading dock for Union used to be on York Street and that Hertz parked their cars in the garage alongside York.

Maybe I'm having a Mandela moment but IIRC the Teamway had been there at least 20 years and during that time no cars were ever given access inside it.

I realise the York concourse is new-ish. I recall the offices and former lockers that used to be in its place. I even watched a Nuit Blanche exhibit in the parking garage there before it closed and was repurposed. I could also swear platforms exited onto York Street prior to it being built though.

Can anyone explain why this sign exists?

20200418_004301.jpg
20200418_004253.jpg

Last edited:
Morning everyone,

I was walking through the York Teamway around 1 a.m. and noticed signs on the wall saying NO PARKING (as seen in the below images).

I know the loading dock for Union used to be on York Street and that Hertz parked their cars in the garage alongside York.

Maybe I'm having a Mandela moment but IIRC the Teamway had been there at least 20 years and during that time no cars were ever given access inside it.

I realise the York concourse is new-ish. I recall the offices and former lockers that used to be in its place. I even watched a Nuit Blanche exhibit in the parking garage there before it closed and was repurposed. I could also swear platforms exited onto York Street prior to it being built though.

Can anyone explain why this sign exists?

View attachment 241193View attachment 241194
@Richard White you have a boatload of local history.

@Richard White you have a boatload of local history.

Yes indeed. I know alot about union because of previous experience with the TRHA. I spent alot of time with them and it was the best time of my life. I highly recommend volunteering with them if you have time. They are a wonderful organization with great volunteers who have a penchant for railway history. Their management and board are also well into the railway side of things.

I know you can see this @smallspy so I will say this. Despite the stupid mistakes that I made, despite the problems I actually miss working with them. If I could give anyone advice it would be to think before you speak and listen to the advice of those around you.

I won't get myself into trouble here by promoting them but do look at their website www.trha.ca for more info.

I attached a few pictures here from my time with them for your viewing pleasure.

4648846840_070ba0b04f_o.jpg
4941972767_f4fc35bffe_o.jpg
4941976113_6e28723c0e_o.jpg
6965828673_dfb305e36d_o.jpg

No, that was in the part immediately below Front St. The little 'hatch' to right of exit towards the moat (at the west end) was the taxi dispatch office - or so I have read!

It was. You would have in theory got a ticket from the wicket and they would have called you a taxi.

Yes indeed. I know alot about union because of previous experience with the TRHA. I spent alot of time with them and it was the best time of my life. I highly recommend volunteering with them if you have time. They are a wonderful organization with great volunteers who have a penchant for railway history. Their management and board are also well into the railway side of things.

I know you can see this @smallspy so I will say this. Despite the stupid mistakes that I made, despite the problems I actually miss working with them. If I could give anyone advice it would be to think before you speak and listen to the advice of those around you.

I won't get myself into trouble here by promoting them but do look at their website www.trha.ca for more info.

I attached a few pictures here from my time with them for your viewing pleasure.

View attachment 241214View attachment 241215View attachment 241216View attachment 241217

Well the thing about the internet is that...

I thought you were in your sixties.

If you just posted the last picture, I would have thought you were the one on the left.

Back