Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Noticed this AM that the outdoor granite flooring connecting the moat to the York teamway is finally half complete.
They have been working away at it quite a lot recently and are making good progress. They also now have supplies of granite tiles in place in the east Front Moat so they will, I assume be moving there once York is done.

Moat walk, earlier this afternoon:

IMG_6082.jpg

What I find interesting about the walkway over the entrance doors here is that it isn't continuous north of the pillars, each section between them practically acting like a balcony. I did not anticipate that… It will be a bit tight walking between the pillars and the old exterior wall, but I assume they figure this will be a highly travelled path? It will make an interesting perch to grab photos of streams of people exiting or entering the station at rush hours in the future…

IMG_6083.jpg
IMG_6084.jpg
IMG_6085.jpg
IMG_6087.jpg
IMG_6089.jpg
IMG_6091.jpg

The guys above were washing the skylight windows with that machine you see sitting on the glass.

Below, in the dark below the bridge, is where frame are waiting for doors that will seal off the Front Street Moat from the elements. (Currently, the moat is open to the fresh air via the York Street Moat.)

IMG_6092.jpg

Looking south beside York, you can see where this will be permanently open to the outside air on the right, beside the staircase.

IMG_6090.jpg
IMG_6093.jpg
IMG_6094.jpg

Looking back north…

IMG_6096.jpg
IMG_6104.jpg

This batch peer into the south end of the GO Bay Concourse above, and the Bay Retail Concourse below, now accessible from the north end of the Blue Route, or the west end of the Bay hallway to platform 24 etc. accesses.

IMG_6131.jpg
IMG_6132.jpg
IMG_6133.jpg
IMG_6134.jpg
IMG_6136.jpg

As you can see, the GO Bay Concourse is 8 steps higher than the Scotiabank Arena ground floor level.

This batch peer into the south end of the GO Bay Concourse above, and the Bay Retail Concourse below, now accessible from the north end of the Blue Route, or the west end of the Bay hallway to platform 24 etc. accesses.

View attachment 206795View attachment 206796View attachment 206797View attachment 206798View attachment 206799

As you can see, the GO Bay Concourse is 8 steps higher than the Scotiabank Arena ground floor level.

I’m assuming the Bay concourse will open before the retail level am I right? (I’m sorry if this had been said before)

Yes and I bet it will not be too long as I think they want to relieve the crowding at stairs going in to TTC area
I went through there (TTC) today coming off the GO for the first time in months (pouring rain) and yeah, the crowding is an issue. I'd like to think you're right, but who knows what the priorities actually are...

Back