Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Oh, stop being a snowflake. There are people on UT who are like the children in the car and are always asking "are we there yet?" or requesting photos or obsessing about heights. Sometimes we all snap and suggest they relax - as @Richard White did; and, unlike me, he can be quite annoying at times too! :-> ( Hint: That was a joke!).

?????

As much as we like to complain when all is said and done, the concourses and the innards of Union will be VERY nice. Quite happy.
I wouldn't call it "VERY nice", but definitely better than before. I say this because the design of the new concourses are not too good for the circulation of people though the concourse with not enough areas for waiting, not blocking the main paths, especially in rush hours, or vertical circulation to and from the platforms.

I wouldn't call it "VERY nice", but definitely better than before. I say this because the design of the new concourses are not too good for the circulation of people though the concourse with not enough areas for waiting, not blocking the main paths, especially in rush hours, or vertical circulation to and from the platforms.
Don't forget York concourse is now doing a job that will soon (?) be done by 2 concourses

That's true, but as service and ridership increase, more capacity will be needed.

Most of the service is being added in the off-peak/weekend hours, and it will mostly be added bringing lines up to roughly the current rush-hour service frequencies - and while the frequencies will be that high, the ridership of those trains will not be as high as the rush hours trains. I don't imagine the station will get as busy off-peak under RER as it is currently during peak. There will be some peak improvements and contra-peak service, but I don't believe there will be anywhere near a 100% passenger count increase during peak for several decades, so the two concourses should suffice. Plus they may be adding Simcoe and Yonge teamways if they decide to go with double-berthing, and stations like Liberty, Spadina, and Cherry; and even Lansdowne, Caledonia, and Mount Dennis, will eat away at passenger counts.

I swear only Metrolinx can get away with tearing down infrastructure built less than 15 years ago - every other transit authority would have gotten nailed for it .

AoD

Well, see what I mean?

AoD

Noticed this AM that the outdoor granite flooring connecting the moat to the York teamway is finally half complete.

Last edited:
still doesn't work for me :(

edit: this rogue chrome extension does the trick flawlessly

That was my bad put in the wrong URL. For future reference adding /amp after a Toronto Star URL will usually serve up the article.

“thestar.com/amp/news”

Don't know how much longer that’ll work though.

Back