Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

There is a South Concourse?
South Concourse.png
The details are here.

Bay concourse is now visible through the construction fence in the location indicated by the red circle below, if anyone is interested in taking pictures:

Bay concourse is now visible through the construction fence in the location indicated by the red circle below, if anyone is interested in taking pictures:
Yes. they have taken down the window coverings looking down into the area where the east half of the ramp used to be a few times in the past but then put them back. The views may not be there for long!

The hoarding around the platform stairs have also been removed in some areas, so you can get a (very limited) look into the Bay concourse from platform level.

Oh, stop being a snowflake. There are people on UT who are like the children in the car and are always asking "are we there yet?" or requesting photos or obsessing about heights. Sometimes we all snap and suggest they relax - as @Richard White did; and, unlike me, he can be quite annoying at times too! :-> ( Hint: That was a joke!).

Asking if we’re there yet is so pesky. Especially in Toronto. After all, the Union Station thread only started in 2005, so the elapsed time is as a nanosecond compared to the geological scale scientists apply to most Toronto transit projects. Not to forget we have the electrification and platform height issues to resolve, which will lead to Reno Part Deux, so we’re looking at what, maybe 2035 before the full US rebuild is complete? The time will pass as quickly as the blink of an eye.

Asking if we’re there yet is so pesky. Especially in Toronto. After all, the Union Station thread only started in 2005, so the elapsed time is as a nanosecond compared to the geological scale scientists apply to most Toronto transit projects. Not to forget we have the electrification and platform height issues to resolve, which will lead to Reno Part Deux, so we’re looking at what, maybe 2035 before the full US rebuild is complete? The time will pass as quickly as the blink of an eye.

Oh I'm sure we'll think of something else to demo and reno at Union before 2035... By then we may finally decide to tear down the old heritage shed.

From the pictures, looks doable that it can open by Sept 2020
I agree that it will probably be fully open by late summer 2020 (Metrolinx/GO took ages to set up the York concourse) but I suspect that there will be a pathway through it to/from the TTC long before that.

I agree that it will probably be fully open by late summer 2020 (Metrolinx/GO took ages to set up the York concourse) but I suspect that there will be a pathway through it to/from the TTC long before that.

Yeah, I seem to remember that York dragged on for ages. I can only hope that there is a little more sense of urgency for Bay as it would make path finding through the station much simpler.

Back