Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

When did that open?

Since at least 2015:

The section you are referring to connects 777 Bay with Aura.
Probably - I'm pretty sure though that the average person in Toronto wouldn't know either of those off-hand, but do know where the northeast corner of Gerrard/Yonge and College Park are ... and I don't think anyone on the street would recognize "777 Bay" as the old Eaton's store on Yonge!

Hmm, I wonder why it's missing the York teamway(s).

Probably too messy on the map given the skywalk over York segment has a connection on only one side, and it's a pretty messy one to explain on the map. I'm not sure there is any target person that would need to look at this map to figure out that connection anyway.
And yet the Bay East Teamway is on there.

Not sure how hard York West Teamway is to display -- connect it to the EW Skywalk route, just next to the UP station, no?

If there is a way to interact with the mapmakers I bet that's over on the PATH thread...

Spotted a few of these on Front st today. Hopefully for new bollards, but likely for signage
20190815_123729.jpg
20190815_123827.jpg

They have been closing off the stairs from the "Carriageway" [the new moat walkway] down to the east moat [and the connected doors to the subway] in order to erect more of the moat cover. How long has that been happening and have the stairs been opened during rush hours?

They have been closing off the stairs from the "Carriageway" [the new moat walkway] down to the east moat [and the connected doors to the subway] in order to erect more of the moat cover. How long has that been happening and have the stairs been opened during rush hours?
The stairs have been open every day this week during the AM rush hour.

Spotted a few of these on Front st today. Hopefully for new bollards, but likely for signage

I fear they are NOT for proper bollards or other suitable replacements for the Jersey Barriers. They have now added a second one of these 'excavations' and they really look like sign bases. One day the damn barriers will go, I hope!

I fear they are NOT for proper bollards or other suitable replacements for the Jersey Barriers. They have now added a second one of these 'excavations' and they really look like sign bases. One day the damn barriers will go, I hope!

Those barriers are so dumb, permeant bollards are not even necessary. I have been in Oslo for the past few days and this is what they line their main pedestrian areas with. It is so simple why can we not learn from it.

IMG_0027.jpeg

Here's what the east moat looked like yesterday evening, with all of the frame done, and only a little more glass to put in:

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5959.jpg

Meanwhile, Sansotei Ramen is to be the last counter in the Food Court, opening between Scaccia and Bangkok Buri, and in the southeast corner of the Front Sreet Promenade, these are the next four shops to come:

IMG_5957.jpg

Cocktail Emporium sells items for home bartending, Dresden Vision sells glasses, Righttime Inc. sells watches and jewelry, and Saudade is a Portuguese design and lifestyle shop.

[...]

Meanwhile, Sansotei Ramen is to be the last counter in the Food Court, opening between Scaccia and Bangkok Buri, and in the southeast corner of the Front Sreet Promenade, these are the next four shops to come:

Cocktail Emporium sells items for home bartending, Dresden Vision sells glasses, Righttime Inc. sells watches and jewelry, and Saudade is a Portuguese design and lifestyle shop.

Sansotei Ramen and Cocktail Emporium... this does not bode well for my wallet. I might need to change my commute or get a second job.

Back