Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Nov 11
I guess we will finally see the food court by Dec. Don't expect to see every X spot open on opening day, since a number are well behind others.
44038874100_258983989c_b.jpg

44038875810_4898dea03e_b.jpg

44038877670_9dbda84a9b_b.jpg

44038857040_44b8076ee6_b.jpg

44038881360_34851f92d9_b.jpg

45806299382_7ed3aac0d4_b.jpg

44038884530_b0f7228d63_b.jpg

45806300792_d426e78454_b.jpg

31984447868_cffbe05d17_b.jpg

30916418617_3d409a3772_b.jpg

York Concourse opened with virtually none, zero, retailers to my recollection. I don't mind if not every spot is open this would be a benefit for people movement through the station.

York Concourse is starting to get very crowded during the evening peak, particularly when there is an event at Scotia Bank Arena.

York Concourse opened with virtually none, zero, retailers to my recollection. I don't mind if not every spot is open this would be a benefit for people movement through the station.

York Concourse is starting to get very crowded during the evening peak, particularly when there is an event at Scotia Bank Arena.

It's not like the stores will be open during events at Scotiabank Arena anyway..

Which gets me to thinking.. how late were the places in the Bay Concourse open?

And rush-hour, and especially so when a train is late or cancelled. People become like the zombies many are (just check out how many walk around glued to their iMemyself device) and mill mindlessly in the area by the steps up to the platforms blocking any movement of other passengers north-south. It becomes a mob.

Not helped, of course, by the pathetic 'hoarding of the masses' in that region by unfinished construction and mayhem.

Are there train information screens in the food court so you can wait down there and pop up when a platform is called?

Are there train information screens in the food court so you can wait down there and pop up when a platform is called?
You will have to wait and see if there are when it opens, as I have no idea about any. Others may know better than I do if there any.

Have seen display boards on other systems for eating and other things, but very rare to see one. Can't think of a system that has one at this time.

Maybe use the centre elevator screens for train platform departures. Unfortunately, it’s probsbly going to be TD commercials and advertising.

The eyeball searing brightness of the LED display definitely isn’t a good sign for transit related uses. Honestly didn’t someone think about the hierarchy of display brightness in the concourse as part of the wayfinding design? How stupid is it to allow ads brighter than their arrival information displays?

AoD

Aren't the commercials on television supposed to be at the same volume as the regular programs?

The eyeball searing brightness of the LED display definitely isn’t a good sign for transit related uses. Honestly didn’t someone think about the hierarchy of display brightness in the concourse as part of the wayfinding design? How stupid is it to allow ads brighter than their arrival information displays?

AoD

Yes for the departures boards.

Also, there will be a "digital library" from the TPL (I think that's what they call it) on the NW corner of the Food Court. There will be 5 Self Serve Kiosks at the McCafe which will occupy the NE corner. Pizza Pizza will occupy the NW corner. Roywoods is at the South Side.

The Bay Cocourse will even be more sparse with retailers on the Upper Level. Tim's will be the only vendor on the upper with another smaller kiosk near the North End when it's opened.

Back