Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

I was speaking with Union security last night re: the phrasing of the sign "This area will be closed from [date] to [date]." He informed me that the area it is actually referring to is the closure of the North-East stairwell from the Great Hall to Concourse levels. He said there will not be any closure of the Hall, it is limited to that specific set of stairs. When asked why he simply said "construction".

I presume this is related to demolition in the area/underneath the stairs. I expect to see a shift in the hoardings on concourse level but then again I am not 100% sure of anything anymore...

Scaffolding is installed in the east end of the Great Hall. My assumption is that it's related to ceiling renovation.

Scaffolding is installed in the east end of the Great Hall. My assumption is that it's related to ceiling renovation.
Interesting break in the communications there. Is there access maintained to the East entrance to Front St? Or was he totally mis-informed?

Only access now to the security office and construction offices in the East Wing. Stairwell and east exit to Front are impassible.
The Scotiabank ABMs are offline.

Unconfirmed: Businesses on north side of Great Hall (Hertz, Lotto Centre) have been given notice. (The GO ticket office has been vacated for weeks.)

A unionstationTO tweet goes to (notice the date- not much warning):

"
Access to Great Hall - Temporary Closures

November 23, 2015

The east-end doors that connect Front Street to the Great Hall and the east-end stairs to the VIA Arrivals area is closed for approximately one month to erect scaffolding that will be used for restoration work in the Great Hall.

All other areas inside the Great Hall will remain open and be accessible from the west-end doors from Front Street. Passengers looking to access the VIA Arrivals area directly can do so using the west-end stairs in the Great Hall or the centre doors from Front Street (down the ramp).

Watch for more updates on work that might affect your travel to and from Union Station on this site or by following:

Union Station Revitalization: @unionstationto
"

Only access now to the security office and construction offices in the East Wing. Stairwell and east exit to Front are impassible.
The Scotiabank ABMs are offline.

Unconfirmed: Businesses on north side of Great Hall (Hertz, Lotto Centre) have been given notice. (The GO ticket office has been vacated for weeks.)

A unionstationTO tweet goes to (notice the date- not much warning):

"
Access to Great Hall - Temporary Closures

November 23, 2015

The east-end doors that connect Front Street to the Great Hall and the east-end stairs to the VIA Arrivals area is closed for approximately one month to erect scaffolding that will be used for restoration work in the Great Hall.

All other areas inside the Great Hall will remain open and be accessible from the west-end doors from Front Street. Passengers looking to access the VIA Arrivals area directly can do so using the west-end stairs in the Great Hall or the centre doors from Front Street (down the ramp).

Watch for more updates on work that might affect your travel to and from Union Station on this site or by following:

Union Station Revitalization: @unionstationto
"
Ah, that explains the construction work going on in the passageways up-and-around the great hall. The glass-hallway had boards laid on the floor when I was up there last weekend. Also note the "<- DEMO ->" spray-painted on the wall, not sure what that is about as the glass hall is West wing.
IMG_20151121_000436.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20151121_000436.jpg
    IMG_20151121_000436.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,446
Paramount Fine Foods says on their website that they are 'Coming Soon' to Union Station. Sorry, no details were given. Maybe this will become Nazem Kadri's 'go to' place.

Back