Toronto Union Station Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | NORR

Here's hoping for better PATH integration between PwC tower, 25 York, and the York Concourse. Pretty wild that to stay indoors you need to walk all the way to the Arena when the PATH is literally above/below one another.

A few interesting notes from the passenger modelling study by USEP team
- recommends cutting the eastern stub track planned for track 13e
- Draft planned Timetables for 2025, 2032 and 2056 I think are displayed exclusively for tracks 12-15 not for any other tracks. note the 6 car trains on everything except for a few LSW trains. If they do this wouldn't that mean a crazy increase in service then?
- 4 car trains in 2032 WOW

1713288576923.png

1713288765459.png

1713288800603.png

1713288822565.png

IIRC, teams of humans/animals hauled cargo back and forth from Front Street to wharves. Okay, it seems I Recall not quite Correctly: http://torontoplaques.com/Pages/Teamway.html
That is the only such reference I could find online though. There are a few tech companies and firms named "Teamway," but no formal definitions in English language dictionaries. I guess that means it was a truly local term, or else just so arcane and dated it is vanished from any use. Pretty amazing that someone at the city or Metrolinx dug it up in the naming process of this hallway!

That is the only such reference I could find online though. There are a few tech companies and firms named "Teamway," but no formal definitions in English language dictionaries. I guess that means it was a truly local term, or else just so arcane and dated it is vanished from any use. Pretty amazing that someone at the city or Metrolinx dug it up in the naming process of this hallway!

Unrelated to the thread topic, did you ever read the DM you were sent?

I have heard the Teamways being called "Teamways" for many years - the word had certainly not vanished from any use. See also https://www.readtheplaque.com/plaque/the-teamway#:~:text=You are walking through the,and underneath the railway viaduct.

See also:

TEAMWAY CONSTRUCTION​

When the railway viaduct was built in the late 1920s, construction firms added "teamways", or enclosed roadways, on either side of Bay Street and York Street, with stairs and ramps connecting these roadways to the platforms of Union Station. There, carts and trucks could bring mail and freight to trains at Union Station without blocking traffic on the public streets. The teamways' performance diminished as freight and mail traffic waned, and these facilities were blocked off and largely forgotten. Starting in 1997, GO Transit set about incorporating these teamways into the public areas of Union Station, improving passenger flow into and out of the station.

The first of these was the Bay West teamway, along the west side of Bay Street, which had been partially opened to the public in the late 1980s, as the City of Toronto sought to improve connections between the downtown and the city's waterfront. GO Transit opened more stairways connecting this teamway to the station platforms above, and partially glassed in the path to reduce the noise of nearby traffic. From https://transittoronto.ca/regional/2306.shtml#google_vignette

Back