Toronto Union Park | 303.26m | 58s | Oxford Properties | Pelli Clarke Pelli

I love those context massings that Urban Strategies does showing area applications - but they need to work on their approval status accuracy. They have a lot of buildings that have been approved (some for years) as yellow as "application submitted", and even have 1 listed as approved even though it hasn't yet been, or at least is still sitting waiting for an LPAT Decision (400 Front).

Office 2 + Res Towers in Phase 1, Office 1 in Phase 2

This makes sense given the Ontario government has 315 Front fully leased until at least 2024 (dependent on Macdonald Block reconstruction). Work on the much larger 325 Front site could happen first.

This makes sense given the Ontario government has 315 Front fully leased until at least 2024 (dependent on Macdonald Block reconstruction). Work on the much larger 325 Front site could happen first.
It boggles my mind that Oxford will build phase 1 and The HUB at the same time. If the HUB is ready by 2023, they may only start with Union Park not earlier than 2023. Perhaps I'm too pessimistic.

regarding the PATH:

"
Design and negotiations are ongoing for a significantly enhanced PATH connection directly into Union Station. Conceptually the PATH would travel below John Street and into 277 Front Street. From 277 Front Street, the PATH would travel along the back end of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, over the rail tracks, and into the Skywalk near the terminal for the UP Express. The PATH connection is subject to approval of the adjacent landowner where the connection is required.
The proposed PATH connection is aligned with Downtown Plan policy 8.4.3 to create seamless integrated connections to transit stops, PATH and other climate controlled walkways"

Isn't Oxford the owner of the MTCC?

if this happens though, it would make this the furthest west point of the PATH network. Almost makes me wish they could figure out a way to get it to the Well.

I’m sure the condo owners above love the render people on the floor below jamming on Marshall stacks.

Also interesting:

"The project is anticipated to generate an annual economic output of $5.8 billion and produce $243 million in annual tax revenue for the City of Toronto."

Also interesting:

"The project is anticipated to generate an annual economic output of $5.8 billion and produce $243 million in annual tax revenue for the City of Toronto."

$5.8B in additional annual economic output is why the project can exist; not the other way around.

The HUB still hasn't begun construction, I doubt they will be open by 2023 like the website states. Without a tenant nothing is going to happen.

The HUB still hasn't begun construction, I doubt they will be open by 2023 like the website states. Without a tenant nothing is going to happen.
The fact the the anchor tenant is not publicly announced doesn't mean that there isn't one. 2023 is still 4 years away, and if it's constructed with structural steel it will go up pretty quickly (see CIBC Square as a reference).

Back