Toronto Union Park | 303.26m | 58s | Oxford Properties | Pelli Clarke Pelli

Hudson Yards should not be used as a model for anything. It's been rightly panned by almost everyone as soulless, corporate Elysium which takes everything from unearned tax breaks to changes in the street grid, while offering little more than a silly 150 foot shwarma and police-state level security.

No. Thanks.

Hudson Yards should not be used as a model for anything. It's been rightly panned by almost everyone as soulless, corporate Elysium which takes everything from unearned tax breaks to changes in the street grid, while offering little more than a silly 150 foot shwarma and police-state level security.

No. F-ing. Thanks.

This is a great example of one of @ProjectEnd 's finer attributes. He's not particularly prone to innocuous, nebulous, hedged opinions. LOL

I actually went to Hudson Yards last month. I thought the towers were beautiful but I feel like @ProjectEnd s Elysium comment was spot on lol. It felt very soulless and sterile and the Vessel (160ft shawarma) was kinda ridiculous w a ton of security telling people not to sit around the bottom. It was almost comically pointless. I also went to the WTC memorial and the tree covered areas felt very much the opposite. I wanted to sit in the shade and have a snack it felt very human scaled. (There were too many other tourists for that lol)

No. Thanks.

I wasn't suggesting it was a model that should be copied ;) (certainly from an urban perspective); however, if we want a hint of what Oxford PROBABLY has cooked up here, Hudson Yards is a good proxy. And what is good to you (an urban lover) may be different to what is good to Oxford (ROI).

cant wait for june 26. feel like a kid who is about to open his/her birthday presents- really excited but dont know whats inside the box. LOl!

I wonder how future phases will be staged to replace the old MTCC?

I would imagine that they'd want to avoid putting a significant amount of convention space out of use for an extended period of time.

i know that we dont know much about the scale of the project yet but any guesses what can be the max height we can expect here?

i know that we dont know much about the scale of the project yet but any guesses what can be the max height we can expect here?
I know it's pretty unrealistic but I really want a moderate (150m - 200m) office tower AND a very slim residential supertall (300m+) to complement the CN Tower

I know it's pretty unrealistic but I really want a moderate (150m - 200m) office tower AND a very slim residential supertall (300m+) to complement the CN Tower
I'm going to say they'll stick to their plan and build a tall office tower (260m-300m) @ the corner of Front +Simcoe to compliment Union Centre and 160 Front
and the 2-3 rental towers proposed around the vicinity of the Dome will be similar to the heights of Soutcore and Canada House to the west, (230m-250m)
of course there will be some shorter buildings in between :)

^As much as i want it, all office buildings is not feasible, condos/Rentals and hotel with a couple of office buildings is more economical.

Hudson Yards developer plans one of Canada's biggest projects

Oxford Properties Group is planning a US$3.5 billion development in downtown Toronto that would be one of Canada’s biggest real estate projects.

The property arm of pension fund OMERS aims to build a 4.3 million-square-foot, mixed-use complex on a 4-acre site that’s just north of Toronto’s Rogers Centre and CN Tower. The development, called Union Park, is the largest ever for Oxford outside of Manhattan’s Hudson Yards, the US$25 billion project it’s co-developing with Related Cos
Plans call for two office towers, of 58 and 48 stories, about 800 rental apartments across two buildings and 200,000 square feet for retail. Three acres will be devoted to public space, including an urban park over the Union Station rail corridor, which spans Blue Jays Way to the John Street Bridge.

More...... https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/hudson-yards-developer-plans-one-of-canada-s-biggest-projects-1.1278754

Last edited:
Today's questions.

1) Where is the Convention Ctr site in the longer term plans?

2) AT first blush, the design has some interest................but can we pretty please get some @#$# colour?

3) As per @Urban-Affair above, I can't see that rendering sucking up $3.5B, how much is going on this phase?

4) Note that the Park proposal stops at John; the Convention Ctr sits btw John and Simcoe; that latter site would support more than 2 towers, if it didn't also have green space over the USRC, what's one to think?

5) Are they proposing to spend any of the City's pre-existing section 42/37 funds for the park project, or is this their generous contribution to city building? ?

Back