Toronto Union Centre | 298m | 54s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

The actual numbers for the building as approved in the Zoning Bylaw Amendment are a retail GFA of 7, 341 sq. m/78,977 sq. ft, and and office GFA of 92,859 sq. m/999,014 sq. ft.

The site lists available gfa, meaning that there is little left of the total. Unless there is a typo, it suggests that it's mostly pre-leased. It seems unlikely since there was no announcement, but...

The york bypass has very urgent issues such as: health and safety big problems.. (mold and concrete facade missing) wow..

^^
@vini007, what does that have to do with this project?
well this project or any the conditions on that york pass did you look at it? city needs a fix it up get ellis don they are good at it..i was talking about the conditions of the tunnel of york as anyone seen it how bad that is? if now i'd suggest to take a walk and see oneself..seen it so many times..same can be said about the bay tunnel dark and so on..

Last edited:
well this project or any the conditions on that york pass did you look at it? city needs a fix it up get ellis don they are good at it..
I'm going to venture that nobody has any idea of what you're talking about. You're not explaining it very well. Are you saying something about the York Street tunnel under Union Station?

Now Bjarke Ingels and an increase in height to 264m - per Alex Bozikovic

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/art...office-towers-to-reshape-downtowns/#c-image-1

HbNnFcG.jpg

D18DGqvU0AYFYyK.jpg

D18DGqwU4AAuw6i.jpg

I would love to see renders regarding what will be happening over Station Street as per this section in Bozikovic's article...

'But what’s more interesting is what happens at the bottom and the top. The tower will sit on top of an eight-storey internet hub at 151 Front St. West, and behind it above Station Street, a narrow thoroughfare that is privately owned by Allied. The data-centre floors will grow; below them will be a 1,000-person event venue and retail space, and
the street – still open – will run right through the base. '

Talk about overshadowing the building that's going to get developed across the street! I guess they we're waiting for 160 Front Street to start developing.

Back