Toronto Union Centre | 298m | 54s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

It won't happen for a while given the Allied development timeline - perhaps a redesign into something even more ambitious is in order.

AoD

Does this mean it's reasonable for us to be optimistic of the near future of this project?
Link mentioned by Waterloo Guy.

Allied Properties REIT joins Toronto’s office construction boom as tenants reject older towers for new spaces

http://business.financialpost.com/n...t-older-towers-for-new-spaces?__lsa=2780-1449

"One of the REIT’s biggest projects is The Well, a $1.4-billion project in Toronto’s west end. The 7.6 acre (3.1 hectare) site, currently surrounded by condominium towers and trendy restaurants, is set to become 3.1 million square feet of residential, office, and retail space, the largest private mixed-use project in the country. Allied is in talks with six potential office tenants and Emory expects to lock at least one down by year-end...Emory is seeing enough demand in Toronto that he’s optimistic of filling the 1.2 million-square-foot Union Centre, a two-minute walk from the subway station of the same name that carries thousands of downtown workers daily. Allied is talking to several large tenants who could take as much as 600,000 square feet, he said."

Very strategic article for Allied REIT. There's always a chance with vacancy this low. A lot of the new construction hasn't been factored in yet as tenants are still transitioning to their new homes.

It's hard to imagine the big banks going to the well; but union center for sure !

The Well is a little off the beaten PATH but, I don't see that stopping a bank from leasing there if it's competitively priced. The banks are not just concentrated at King and Bay. They are everywhere.

The Well is a little off the beaten PATH but, I don't see that stopping a bank from leasing there if it's competitively priced. The banks are not just concentrated at King and Bay. They are everywhere.

King West is the centre of creative industries in the city. Companies tend to organize into hubs focused around like talent, like clients and like suppliers. Banks are no different. The Well will probably fill up with ad and marketing agencies, design and print, PR agencies, online startups and established .com's.

I could see financial services taking up a significant portion of Union Centre. With office space falling, I think we're due for an announcement soon.

Lets hope this one get built.
It will be a nice looking addition to the skyline.
This project was first proposed in 2006 and nothing was built since.
It time something is built there.
I just hope it will not be redesigned to become boxy.
:)

No they wouldn't change the design if they have any sense of style and character. It's a nice perfect type of project for its location as everything around it is a box or has some angled part to it. A curve in this area is needed.

Will be nice to see this move forward. Incidentally, what ever happened to this proposal:

151 Front St. West

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,052

Back