Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread
U of T: UTSC Environmental Science and Chemistry 
1101 Military Trail, Scarborough
Developer: University of Toronto

U of T: UTSC Environmental Science and Chemistry | ?m | 5s | U of T | Diamond Schmitt

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
UTSC is growing again with another building, the second academic building on their north campus (the Pan Am athletic centre is being built on the north campus too). Diamond Schmitt are the architects for this one, as they were at the Instruction Centre that this will be built next to. Story coming shortly.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Front page story on the new building.

Personally, i think the undulations on the façades are quite cool. The masonry work on the Military Trail side has a real retro-modern feel to me, while the vertical metal sunshades on the valley side look simply wonderfully modern, and should be quite eye-catching.

thedeepend

Reaction score
i really wish D&S would drop the blond wood look. they've been using it on pretty much every recent institutional project, and there is something kind of deadly dull and Ikea-like about it.

mugendd

Reaction score
I really like the undulations of the vertical fins, this treatment to the façade is visually appealing to the eye when seen at different angles and lighting.
Its one of the better buildings IMO on the campus.