Toronto Spadina Sussex Residence University of Toronto | 75.55m | 23s | U of T | Diamond Schmitt

More images from the above story:

2018-08-10-Spadina%20sussex-resized.jpg

2018-08-12-Spadina%20sussex-resized2.jpg

Much better in terms of window-wall ratio and cohesiveness, IMO- though it has the risk of feeling 60s-clunky if the detailing isn't done right.

I think they should keep the red brick for the podium though.

Attention Toronto book lovers! I have some bittersweet news. After more than 30 years in business, Ten Editions bookstore is closing its doors at 698 Spadina Ave., Toronto ON M5S 2J2 Canada. As a final thank you to Toronto’s reading community the owner, Susan Duff, is giving away the remainder of the store’s inventory. Literature, poetry, and history, all kinds of books are free to a good home. The store will be open until 6pm Sunday and all day Monday Dec. 31.

Wow a building that has warm tone colours . That's going to blend in with the existing old building beside it.

The neighbourhood didn't want height, so we get a more squat building, like the one on College.

I like the fins. I really wish the height of the podium matched the corner heritage building.

Back