News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 336     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Clover Hill Park (5 St. Joseph, 0s, NAK Deisgn)

Last edited:
Now looking at my photos, it almost appears that the donkey/mule has casts on its front legs. Anyhow, I can’t say I like it.

I thought the same - I think those must be protective covers for shipping/installing? Nevermind - there is something wrong with the proportionality of the piece...

AoD

Love the donkey/mule/ass and love the snowman despite being kitschy. The other 2 examples (Bay/Charles and ROCP) are awful. Instead of adding to what's there it's doing the absolute opposite.

Also, it looks like hurt donkey's cousin is maybe about to get unwrapped over in the 150 Redpath thread?

1589557559897.png

Real Estate man on St Clair is the best piece of public art of the past 1.5 years, prove me wrong.

I was shocked that something with so much subtle social commentary was approved as public art. If it suggests that there might be more room for artistic freedom in public art, then I'm all for it.

I was shocked that something with so much subtle social commentary was approved as public art. If it suggests that there might be more room for artistic freedom in public art, then I'm all for it.

Yeah, I wasn't previously aware that Toronto was capable of self-awareness at a Real Estate Man scale.

It's like tasteful statues that have worked for millennia are no longer possible to create.

Back