Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

I do it every day and it is infinitely superior to walking on Yonge Street between Queen and Bloor.

Wider sidewalks, more personal space, more trees, not as smelly, not as depressing, and you can occasionally even whiff a bit of fresh air.

It is all of those things. Despite being concrete, the sidewalk is passable. I just wish I could blind myself to what lines it.

Last edited:
I do it every day and it is infinitely superior to walking on Yonge Street between Queen and Bloor.

Wider sidewalks, more personal space, more trees, not as smelly, not as depressing, and you can occasionally even whiff a bit of fresh air.
This man knows his urban experiences. I couldn't agree more. I take Bay over Yonge 19/20. In fact, I positively like Bay. Regardless of Yonge, I'd take Bay. There's something comfortingly impersonal about it.

Also it is currently much cleaner to walk on Bay than Yonge between Davenport and Queen with all the major digs going on.

This makes me so sad. First time this is on in ages and this is how it looks.
A19ADA96-80DF-4881-AA30-EDC34685ED51.jpeg

Attachments

• A19ADA96-80DF-4881-AA30-EDC34685ED51.jpeg
    A19ADA96-80DF-4881-AA30-EDC34685ED51.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 3,876
Are the pylons reflective of malfunctioning equipment? This is pretty poor...

To me it looks like the pylons are there because of how the fountain mechanisms are potential tripping or slipping hazards. Specifically looking at the closest fountain, it has somehow become raised by a few inches from the paver, and this is a tripping hazard. Putting the pylon there can be an effective way to reduce liability in case anyone is injured and sues.

OK these water features, they “worked” for a short while when they were finally installed. They were poorly designed and poorly installed and didn’t work at all last summer. Now at the end of this summer they finally decide that they will tear them up? Are they fixing this disaster or filling it in?
02C71703-5236-478E-B8E7-2F281422922B.jpeg
C31A4ACA-2796-4D83-B03B-B27406263373.jpeg

...and even more fencing erected to negotiate around during a pandemic. And no, they haven't taken down the fencing for the other park project yet. /bleh

OK these water features, they “worked” for a short while when they were finally installed. They were poorly designed and poorly installed and didn’t work at all last summer. Now at the end of this summer they finally decide that they will tear them up? Are they fixing this disaster or filling it in?View attachment 264980View attachment 264981

the feature never really worked. the developer was not able to repair them properly. so the condo board has decided to take them out and replace with plants......

the feature never really worked. the developer was not able to repair them properly. so the condo board has decided to take them out and replace with plants......

That is the best news I’ve heard today. They sort of worked a bit for a short while, but they were pretty pathetic. Thanks for letting me know what the plan is @madknife .

Back