Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

These towers are growing on me with every passing day. Like many aA designs, they don't scream for attention, but once you get up close to them, there's a lot to keep your interest. The movement of the balconies across the building as well as the criss-crossing lines in the frit glass really make this building look dynamic to me without being tacky. It's the same thing with Market Wharf and Harbour Plaza Residences - aA's designs often look like they should be in motion. My only real criticism is the lack of retail in the podium, but that's something that the developer is responsible for. I'm wait-and-see on the roof.

Let's also keep in mind that it's taken a very long time for these towers to get built, and so this is quite an old aA design. It would be somewhat disingenuous to hold it up as an example of where they are as a firm today.

Old or new, they're better than 90% of the other crap that gets thrown up these days.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556.2 KB · Views: 2,055
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    621.4 KB · Views: 2,027
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 1,996
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548.6 KB · Views: 2,026
It's a fantastic development. The stone podium is sharp. The cladding looks first rate. The towers stand boldly yet have whimsical details like the balcony railings. It's great for the area, though it could have been a mundane project cluttering up the edge of St. Mike's.

Oh, I didn't realize there were copper accents going on the podium. Those are going to look great as it weathers

Like the look of the stone work on the ground floor .It creates a strong podium presence for the two towers. This type of stone work should have been used for the podium at the Aura complex. It would of blended well with the other college park buildings beside it.

these townhomes look like they could be used for retail or business. But im guessing theyre not zoned for that use and im sure if you lived in one of the townhomes and had say a pub open up next door, there would be some unhappy home owners. Maybe one day though.

I saw angled fins going up on the west facade of the west tower, over the mechanical penthouse today

Last edited:

Back