Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

Aug 11
6034096809_cd9012b710_b.jpg

6034095147_d84bcd7fd7_b.jpg

I won't let these snails off the hook that easily... Hullmark (a site of similar size and even more complexity) started at the same time and yet they have cranes in place and are forming multiple levels by now.

I posted this before. They did not start at the same time. Check out my timeline below;

First sight of activity at Hullmark was around August 15th/2010 (Pro Green Demolition)
at around October 27th/2010 (Tridelwebmaster reports excavation - so early October I'm figuring excavation officially began)

First sight of activity at U Condos was around December 4th/2010 (ANCHOR crane and Michael Bros on site) - no demo needed on this site.
at around December 16th/2010 (Michael Bros was moving dirt around)

So Hullmark did not break ground after U. U's official "groundbreaking" was around October of 2010. But they didn't start anything until December of 2010. Excavation at Hullmark was around October of 2010.

I don't understand the 'Advanced Search' on this site. It is not very advanced or efficient. I typed in "U Condos" and it didn't show up until page 8. What kind of advanced search is that?

Anyway, here is a picture of a church next to the excavation. Doesn't it look like something from the 'old word'?:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hahaha:D, i know it could be frustrating..i just go into google search and type in the project name followed by urban toronto and bingo, a lot quicker..anyways regarding the church..thats a downtown beauty and a keeper.:cool:

The advanced search is very broken. I used to use it all the time and it worked perfectly. Many people just didn't know how to use it.
Used to search by thread title, and only include the search term in the title itself. When you do that now, you get no results at all.

Taken today. Not much change here. I'm assuming they have hit ground level. The main focus seems to be pumping water out of the pit, as you can see from the piping in the 3rd and 4th photos. Looks like water has been a constant problem at this site.

EDITED MY POST. Looking at the photos, it doesn't look like they have hit ground since there are still holes from the pile driving at ground level.

U-CONDOS-03-11-2011-1.jpg

U-CONDOS-03-11-2011-2.jpg

U-CONDOS-03-11-2011-3.jpg

U-CONDOS-03-11-2011-4.jpg

Last edited:

Back