Toronto

U Condominiums | 184m | 56s | Pemberton | architectsAlliance

isaidso

Member Bio
Reaction score
I do it every day and it is infinitely superior to walking on Yonge Street between Queen and Bloor.

Wider sidewalks, more personal space, more trees, not as smelly, not as depressing, and you can occasionally even whiff a bit of fresh air.
It is all of those things. Despite being concrete, the sidewalk is passable. I just wish I could blind myself to what lines it.

Last edited:

Miscreant

Member Bio
Reaction score
I do it every day and it is infinitely superior to walking on Yonge Street between Queen and Bloor.

Wider sidewalks, more personal space, more trees, not as smelly, not as depressing, and you can occasionally even whiff a bit of fresh air.
This man knows his urban experiences. I couldn't agree more. I take Bay over Yonge 19/20. In fact, I positively like Bay. Regardless of Yonge, I'd take Bay. There's something comfortingly impersonal about it.

Benito

Member Bio
Reaction score

Also it is currently much cleaner to walk on Bay than Yonge between Davenport and Queen with all the major digs going on.

Ottawan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Are the pylons reflective of malfunctioning equipment? This is pretty poor...
To me it looks like the pylons are there because of how the fountain mechanisms are potential tripping or slipping hazards. Specifically looking at the closest fountain, it has somehow become raised by a few inches from the paver, and this is a tripping hazard. Putting the pylon there can be an effective way to reduce liability in case anyone is injured and sues.

Benito

Member Bio
Reaction score
There is a construction fence around the site where the sales office was along with a couple of pieces of machinery. Hopefully this means that something will finally get done on this site. On another note, the fountains that were installed two years ago and never worked properly during the first season, is still broken and unfixed.
CEF605D5-4A81-4B28-8ECB-62BB70B0D5F1.jpeg
BA8C6DA0-FE99-4388-9F82-C821516CC4BB.jpeg