Toronto Treviso Condos | 91.13m | 24s | Lanterra | P + S / IBI

April 06, 2012:
7091138523_ee393ba16f_b.jpg

6945070848_257c54561a_b.jpg

6945066178_3f58410e25_b.jpg

6945065086_b7bf3c45b0_b.jpg

zoning amendment application

The reason potential tower heights were increased was to make up for a proposed lack of density at the south east corner of the site along Lawrence Avenue, where the developer is now proposes to build a 45-space surface parking lot. To the north ending at the park would be a one-story Shopper's Drug mart.
Apparently, despite the thousands of residents moving in within walking distance, Shopper's prefers to rebuild using its familiar car-oriented low-density template.

A while ago there was a proposal for redevelopment for 3070 Dufferin street. The gas station across from treviso all the way to apex road. However I cant find the development proposals anywhere anymore.. It was a midrise development though. Anyone know where I could potentially find it.

Not sure what you're after but try googling 'City of Toronto Dufferin and Lawrence' revitalization and you'll get a bunch for the area.

Had my first look at the site since my last visit in the spring and surprise at what taking place here now.

Having Shopper remain where it is as is, is a mistake, as well that plaza to the east of the site.

This area will remain a car area with no street life.

I guess people are not prepare to buy in this area, as well without cars and it will be interesting to see what happen across the street for 3150 Dufferin St.

Time for developer to visit Europe to see what draws people and how to design a street friendly area for people, not cars.

Had my first look at the site since my last visit in the spring and surprise at what taking place here now.

Having Shopper remain where it is as is, is a mistake, as well that plaza to the east of the site.

This area will remain a car area with no street life.

I guess people are not prepare to buy in this area, as well without cars and it will be interesting to see what happen across the street for 3150 Dufferin St.

Time for developer to visit Europe to see what draws people and how to design a street friendly area for people, not cars.

My guess is in 20 years the shoppers that is being built will be redeveloped for another tower... Im also guessing that eventially the lawrence heights redevelopment happens and lawrence square will go with it.. Why is there a mall literally a ten minute walk from another mall anyways.. It never made sense even if it does serve a different need. Id also guess that even if the buyers want to be car drivers with everything changing to encourage transit use the residents may change their attitudes and walk or ttc more. A streetcar up dufferin wouldnt hurt either.

^^ That's one of the least pedestrian friendly areas in Toronto. I've walked there many times and hated every time. I'm so glad I don't live in North York anymore.

^^ That's one of the least pedestrian friendly areas in Toronto. I've walked there many times and hated every time. I'm so glad I don't live in North York anymore.

Yep, it is. I've worked near here for 5 years, and it's really tragic and ugly. Not to mention the ridiculous traffic in this area. Going up Dufferin or along Lawrence during rush hour makes you want to rip your hair out. If you're stuck in traffic on the Lawrence bus, it literally takes 10+ minutes to get from Dufferin St to Lawrence West subway. It takes about 2 minutes without traffic.

They are above ground now. Couldn't snap any pictures but I will next time I am at Dufferin and Lawrence

Its my understanding that Shoppers is closing their store in March and relocating to the rebuilt plaza on Lawrence.

The sales office is being relocated next the McDonald parking lot.

Tower 1 is at 2nd level with forming of supports for 3 underway.

The area between the tower and Shoppers has only the support columns in place for the bottom level of the underground parking.

McDonald could be history by 2016 or sooner, depending where they are relocated in this development.

Feb 18 shots
8489608838_6a1c95c4ac_b.jpg

8488508841_b606e290d3_b.jpg

Back