Toronto Tower at Pier 27 | 114.9m | 35s | Cityzen | a—A

Assuming you go, any chance you could provide an update? Much appreciated if so! I'm curious as to what is said but cannot attend myself.

I was able to attend last night. Here's my summary.

A few things that were mentioned that might be of interest:

1. There is no visitor parking for the tower. Visitors will have to use the commercial parking space and pay.
2. There are currently no tenants for the retail space on the first floor.
3. It will likely take 10 years or more for the parking lot beside the building to be converted into a park.
4. The occupation dates that were sent out to buyers are most likely the schedule that will be followed unless something unforeseen comes up.

I took a few pictures of some of the displays. The first image is of the parking space. The salmon coloured area is where the commercial parking will reside and the entrance for this will be the new ramp being developed as part of the tower construction. The yellow coloured area is where the residents of the tower will park and some will enter via the new ramp (areas below the commercial) while others will enter the existing ramps.

IMG_1234.jpeg

The next two pictures show the area of the new tower and some of the landscaping, etc. and the timeline for completing of the plans.

IMG_1235.jpeg

IMG_1233.jpeg

So confusing about the residential parking on P2. Those yellow highlighted parking spots belong to Pier 27 Tower residents? or Pier 27 Phase I residents? If for Tower residents, how can people go to Tower elevators from their parking spots?

So confusing about the residential parking on P2. Those yellow highlighted parking spots belong to Pier 27 Tower residents? or Pier 27 Phase I residents? If for Tower residents, how can people go to Tower elevators from their parking spots?

There was a lot of discussion about this at the meeting. The yellow area on P2 is currently commercial parking. The plan is to move the commercial area so it is more isolated from the resident parking. The area that is currently commercial (yellow on P2) will then become parking for residents. The yellow areas are designated for parking for Pier 27 Tower residents. There is no change for Phase 1 residents - they have the grey areas.

There was a lot of discussion about this at the meeting. The yellow area on P2 is currently commercial parking. The plan is to move the commercial area so it is more isolated from the resident parking. The area that is currently commercial (yellow on P2) will then become parking for residents. The yellow areas are designated for parking for Pier 27 Tower residents. There is no change for Phase 1 residents - they have the grey areas.
Thanks for clarification!

I was under the impression that a design competition was being arranged for the park site mid this year, but it's been months since I last got an update on that and I am not sure if the timeline has held, or if it has slid some.

I was under the impression that a design competition was being arranged for the park site mid this year, but it's been months since I last got an update on that and I am not sure if the timeline has held, or if it has slid some.

One of the possible schemes to complete the QQE streetcar is to create a new temporary loop east of the hotel (partly on the quay and partly I assume where park will be. This would allow streetcars to continue to serve QQ while they work on expanding the tunnel to Union.

I assume WT do not want to build (or plan?) a park on that key site until it is settled if it is to be used first as a temporary loop.

Does the park have a name? I'm having difficulty finding any information about .

One of the Ugliest Buildings in the Boom era is unfortunately at the vantage point of the waterfront

Hoping the park gets done sooner rather than later. Last I heard Waterfront Toronto wasn't in a rush. I'm sure there's a lot up in the air until the QQE LRT is finalized.

@Jeff Morgan, thank you for the summary. I'm guessing nothing was mentioned regarding the final phase (the two final buildings)?

I quite like how the tower is turning out. I wish the tower cutting through the podium happened on the west side, but other than that it's interesting. Here's hoping some interesting tenants fill in the retail.

Last edited:

Back