Toronto Tower at Pier 27 | 114.9m | 35s | Cityzen | a—A

Just not a fan. I liked the other phases. Not this one. This looks like it was squeezed in there by the developer to make even more money. It's so close to the building to the South. It just doesn't look right IMO. Also doesn't look as nice.

3 or 4 more floors to go.
AD2F85E2-1776-4763-AE62-9956AA68AADE.jpeg
FD297BB3-94AD-48F4-950D-BBE3B9A2135E.jpeg

We are at 33 out of 35 floors. Won't be long until they top out. I hope they speed up the installation of the deck railing as it really enhances the look of the staggered design.

I think the podium is a bit clunky but the shifting balconies are cool

Yeah in a wacky, shifting creature like this, a bit of podium articulation would have worked. Right now it (the podium) takes restraint beyond the pale... sort of suburban office park design.

Nice shot Jason. I know this site architecture overall is not exactly beloved but there are some very good elements... just wonder if it all had a bit more space to breathe (something for the rest of us to enjoy) if it might be better appreciated ... though there is a sugar refinery in the way lol.

I could see this working well farther east but - hindsight.

Just not a fan. I liked the other phases. Not this one. This looks like it was squeezed in there by the developer to make even more money. It's so close to the building to the South. It just doesn't look right IMO. Also doesn't look as nice.
You are not alone, I said it well before shovels hit the ground about this project as glass slab with slanting balconies. The glass look cheap and the slanting balconies make the building look messy and tacky.

Back