Toronto Tower at Pier 27 | 114.9m | 35s | Cityzen | a—A

I really like it. The shadow play of the varying balconies against the fritted railings is only going to become more apparent as they climb higher and looks cool as the sun and lighting changes throughout the day. I think they did a pretty good job here re; keeping things simple. I’d rather have a well executed this vs something like the Daniels towers down the street or having it end up looking like Alter or Form which are just bungled executions of interesting designs.

In my fantasy world the parking lot to the west becomes a new park making this appear to rise out of a sea of green from the water, but I’m guessing it’s destined to be a building or a parking lot even longer.

I thought that parking lot is supposed to be a park or no?

I thought that parking lot is supposed to be a park or no?
I think the answer is "Yes" but not until Waterfront Toronto fix up QQE and the City builds the QQE streetcar. i.e. not in the near future! One plan for the space is to use it as a temporary streetcar loop while the Bay Street tunnel is being widened.

Why would the park be dependent upon putting in the QQE streetcar? Even if a temporary streetcar loop goes in part of it, the rest of it can be greened up. They need to get a park plan finalized…

Coming home from work tonight...

20190906_034855.jpg

Agreed. I was nearby this weekend, and the "askew" balcony looks really good/interesting. I was viewing from a distance, and so the podium didn't really factor in.

Back