Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

I want to see this crappy incomplete block filled in asap, but with the fuss about the Greyhound site project this will probably also face stiff opposition from area residents. This proposal will likely have to go through a series of adjustments and refinements before the final product is complete.

yeah there are always weirdos who rater see crappy falling apart overpriced high rise glass apartment buildings filled with losers in suits then creative people living in a warehouse, i hope you enjoy it :(

and yes your right in the end the good people will lose this fight just as they lose the entire war, its a sad world we live in :/

Last edited:
a 34 & 33 storey condominium connected by a 15 to 17 storey podium

Fifteen to seventeen storeys isn't a podium - it's a building complete. At least in this neighbourhood. What's the average height of a building along The Esplanade here...ten floors?
It surprises me that something of this scale is being applied for when the Aa project across the corner at only a portion of this proposed height and bulk is getting a rough ride.

The podium plus the towers would add up to about five hundred feet in a neighbourhood where all of the surroundings are currently low to mid-rise. If the podium is built out to the lot line, it would be incredibly bulky. With the towers atop it, the scale of the project would be akin to one of the block-size structures out of Cityplace. Larger, even.

I imagine this will have great trouble getting approved according to it's current stats. I'm glad something is going ahead here, but I think the developer is overreaching. The area could use a glam new building - it'd be good to see something go here that's both appropriate and exciting.

yes siesta is history, my manager forced me to take off my previous posts, but as we leaving the building in a week anyhow, it dont matter anymore

just the facts:
the group who builds the condo approached our landlord December
1 week later he was dead
2 weeks later the building was sold to them
right after we all got our 60 days eviction notice
april 1st most of us are out of here , maybe a few stuglers remain
today the demolition company showed up to assess the building

so the building will be near empty with in the next week, its already half empty

So you're living at the Siesta right now, eh? Interesting. And who died? What's his name with the bad haircut who collected rent? John?

(Sorry to be a bit off topic here).

yes i was the super in the building, and yes john, hes wife inherited (or it was in her name to begin with, not sure on the details) the building and sold it then very fast

if you wanna see a last show or visit some friends you have till the 31st
there is always a sale in the parking lot Sundays esplanade side, although most stuff is sold now

the price is super high and that saved us in the past, but this time its unlikely no mater how unrealistic the price will be (it was listed for $4.8mill 2010),
although the building is old i doubt that an old industrial railway reload station would qualify for historical building, especially its not really a nice looking building

$4.8 million? You're a bit off - the site sold to Muzzo (as is noted in the header line) a few months back for $70.0 million. Close guess though!

$4.8 million? You're a bit off - the site sold to Muzzo (as is noted in the header line) a few months back for $70.0 million. Close guess though!

Two different things here - the entire site, the 177 - 197 Front Street East block, except for the small building in the south west corner, was what I understand to have been sold for the &70 Million. The small building in the south-west corner would be what was listed for the $4.8 million, and now sold to be incorporated into the overall site.

You'd have to be crazy to be throwing that amount of dough on anything east of Jarvis

people are desperate, the economy could collapse at any time, if you leave your money in the bank it could devalue, stock market is a worst investment in case the economy is collapsing, gold is already way to high.. even if market prices would fall at least you wont lose all your money investing it in property and land

plus if they build it fast enough they can still make a good profit as house market is still super inflated in canada, people pay ridiculous $400000's for a stupid 2 bedroom apartment

its now or never

I've posted in another thread my view that on this stretch of Front, basically Sherbourne (Greyhound plot) to Cherry, there are so many large development plots so close to such great parts of the City (market, Distillery, Corktown) that it would be great to see a district with great design. I think the City should tell these developers they will get height if it is justified by great design. I think the new aA design for the Greyhound plot fits the bill. I wonder whether Pemberton will go with aA here too (worked with them on U).

BUT... the Esplanade end of the site is in an already fully developed neighbourhood with this block being all that's undeveloped. So on this end I think they should stick with the neighbourhood height and the brick that is consistent with the rest of the neighbourhood. I'm assuming the proposal is for one of the 30+ buildings to be on the Esplanade side. Talk about going out of your way to attract even more community opposition than you would face already. 30+ at this part of Esplanade is silly.

Look what I spotted on my way to work today.

7177152216_8e8684d0fa_b.jpg

7177148804_75126ab89c_b.jpg

Wow. Although the term has been thrown around a lot, this is Stalinist architecture at its worst (and throw in a little "China mega apartment" for good measure).

Back