Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

The only part of the block not included appears to be the rooming house at corner of Lower Sherbourne and The Esplanade (15 Lower Sherbourne). I bet they are talking as this site is too small for another building and if they don't sell before they do something with the huge lot they will be screwed.

yes...i hope so. That site was sold in the summer of '09 to a numbered company.

Has anyone heard any more about the Staple's site (on Front). Can we expect it to be demolished for a condo with retail at it's base in the very near future?

Thanks in advance.

Tee

Has anyone heard any more about the Staples site (on Front). Can we expect it to be demolished for a condo with retail at it's base in the very near future?Tee
i would say 'no' - the Porsche dealership was just built on the other half of that block and, though it will clearly be developed sooner or later, I doubt it will happen in the near future. I hope I am wrong but ...

Well, I doubt that it will be another Acura/Honda dealership. It looks like a low- or mid-rise residential development to me.

The site is owned by Metropia but they will likely seek a development partner as the site is very large.

When I walked past the Acura dealership earlier this week I noticed some renderings posted in the window showing a new, modern dealership, titled something like "Our new home coming soon". I didn't have much time to inspect it carefully, so I'm not sure if this was something that is being constructed elsewhere (hence Acura is leaving that lot) or if this was something that is planned to be built in the current location. Does anyone have more info on this?

When I walked past the Acura dealership earlier this week I noticed some renderings posted in the window showing a new, modern dealership, titled something like "Our new home coming soon". I didn't have much time to inspect it carefully, so I'm not sure if this was something that is being constructed elsewhere (hence Acura is leaving that lot) or if this was something that is planned to be built in the current location. Does anyone have more info on this?

Yes, they are moving - noted either earlier in this thread or in Corktown one. They are moving to just east of the ex-Infiniti (now Volvo) dealership just east of Trinity/Front/Eastern

ication: Zoning Review Status: Notice Sent

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 10 282165 ZZC 00 ZR Accepted Date: Oct 21, 2010

Project: Non-Residential Building New Building

Description: PAL to construct new auto dealership on existing vacant lot. Honda / Acura.

Back