Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

I know someone that bought here. Sadly that person will have to wait till like 2022 or 2023. He regrets not buying daniel's east tower instead

i don't know what pemberton was thinking when they said 2020 occupancy

I know someone that bought here. Sadly that person will have to wait till like 2022 or 2023. He regrets not buying daniel's east tower instead

i don't know what pemberton was thinking when they said 2020 occupancy
2020 was clearly never going to happen and anyone buying through a realtor ought to be asking them why they did not point that out! Developers are always optimistic but .....

2020 was clearly never going to happen and anyone buying through a realtor ought to be asking them why they did not point that out! Developers are always optimistic but .....

I suspect that what may have happened was the initial date was established shortly after acquisition of the land closed, and was based on what at the time seemed to be reasonable planning assumptions for the time required to obtain the necessary approvals and construct the building. I think it is obvious that things did not go as planned - obtaining planning approval for the configuration and density of the building being sought, iterations of architectural revision, the extent of contamination in the ground, and the late acquisition of the south west corner portion of the lot (its prior owner had been holding out, but passed away during the approval process enabling its acquisition) all served to stretch out the project.

Once the delays started building up, I am sure Pemberton realized the original dates were no longer workable. Not wanting to have an ongoing sequence of new target dates, Pemberton waited until enough of the project uncertainties had been resolved, to provide a new date with which they felt more comfortable. Now that design is finalized, all its approvals and permits are in place, and the excavation and below grade construction has reached the point where the contamination issues have been contained, from here on it is much more of a standard project process, most of the uncertainties are gone, and the revised date has been released.

Last edited:
I suspect that what may have happened was the initial date was established shortly after acquisition of the land closed, and was based on what at the time seemed to be reasonable planning assumptions for the time required to obtain the necessary approvals and construct the building. I think it is obvious that things did not go as planned - obtaining planning approval for the configuration and density of the building being sought, iterations of architectural revision, the extent of contamination in the ground, and the late acquisition of the south west corner portion of the lot (its prior owner had been holding out, but passed away during the approval process enabling its acquisition) all served to stretch out the project.

Once the delays started building up, I am sure Pemberton realized the original dates were no longer workable. Not wanting to have an ongoing sequence of new target dates, Pemberton waited until enough of the project uncertainties had been resolved, to provide a new date with which they felt more comfortable. Now that design is finalized, all its approvals and permits are in place, and the excavation and below grade construction has reached the point where the contamination issues have been contained, from here on it is much more of a standard project process, most of the uncertainties are gone, and the revised date has been released.
This is a negative side effect of buying a preconstruction unit too early in the planning and development process. Wait until the site has been zoned. And buy from a reputable developer.

D05A28A4-CCDE-408E-89A5-54F1960F562F.jpeg

I would like to think they’re doing nothing, but there is always a bunch of people puttering around down there, so they must be doing things. Hopefully very slowly.

"Pemberton waited until enough of the project uncertainties had been resolved, to provide a new date "

when is the new estimated date? where are you hearing this from a reputable source?

Sorry - I do not have a date - I was trying to provide some context as to how and why those who indicated had received new information on anticipated timeframes for the building, at this stage in the construction, when obviously the developer knew a long while ago that the originally anticipated timeframes would not be met.

As far as any more specific information on dates is concerned, please look back through the thread (and on the Time and Space thread in the Real Estate section) to see the posts that other members have made regarding anticipated dates and timeframes.

As far as any more specific information on dates is concerned, please look back through the thread (and on the Time and Space thread in the Real Estate section) to see the posts that other members have made regarding anticipated dates and timeframes.
... and when doing so, remember that most of us here do not have any actual facts about the schedule so you are looking at guesses based on past experience, one's mood and maybe the stars! Some may be right, or none may be!

Reactions: AHK
"Pemberton waited until enough of the project uncertainties had been resolved, to provide a new date "

when is the new estimated date? where are you hearing this from a reputable source?
The builder is required to notify buyers 90 days before the tentative occupancy date. Tentative occupancy is Nov 2020 for all units, so right now, there is no new date. Whoever owns a unit, will be notified sometime in August about the new estimate. Which, i expect will be revised again.... The way the law is structured does not pose any penalties on postponing occupancy (up to a certain point, i wanna say about 5 years from the 1st tentative occupancy, and i hope no one buys into a building that takes it that far). Having said that, buyers have all of this outlined in the contract. As nerve racking as it is, it is one of the risks that preconstruction poses. So if you do not feel well informed about all the risks and responsibilities dont buy into contracts that you are uncomfortable with. Ive purchased a unit in this building, and even though I look forward to move in, I cant say that I am surprised at the delay. Such delays are a standard in Toronto residential buildings, not optimal but not unexpected. The contract signed outlines everything in the most detail, if you paid hundreds of dollars the least you can do is read and understand what you are paying for. There's a reason why lawyers are required in real estate deals, make sure you choose a good one that will lay out for you all the risks you are facing, and what you are entitled to.

Back