Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Wow--this is just gonna be an absolute hulker. Time and Space, alright.
Indeed, a Borg Cube in St Lawrence - (yes, I do not believe the renderings!).

It will join 158 Front on NW corner (under construction and not in renderings) and the proposed 33 Sherbourne on NE corner.
borg.jpg

and
resist.jpg

I assume this is the third crane (at southern end of the site)
LOWER SHERBOURNE ST From THE ESPLANADE To FRONT ST E

Toronto-TMC: Full closure erecting a tower crane

Closure Type:Construction (Planned)

Time Frame:Continuous

From Dec 7, 2019 at 07:00 a.m.

Until Dec 7, 2019 at 07:00 p.m.

Impact:Moderate

Road Class:Minor Arterial

District:Toronto and East York

Contractor:Lift All Crane Rentals

ID:R115754
Yep. Third crane. Some nice shots posted above and here’s one more.
7B0DE58E-C427-4D04-8C84-D0BB56003EF3.jpeg

Now I’m curious: what source was that closure notice from?

Now I’m curious: what source was that closure notice from?
From the City's list of upcoming road closures (not 100% accurate but often has interesting info).

I don't mind the different design concepts too much. It does fine in breaking up the shear mass of the overall structure which gets mandated by the development. This IMO is like the Carnaby condos (Queen West & Gladstone) on steroids.

I don't mind the different design concepts too much. It does fine in breaking up the shear mass of the overall structure which gets mandated by the development. This IMO is like the Carnaby condos (Queen West & Gladstone) on steroids.
So, you are saying that because a developer decides to build a massive building they should simply scatter many different 'design elements' around it so that we don't notice? The problem with this building is that it is simply TOO LARGE for the neighbourhood it is in and no number of varied design elements will disguise that sad fact.

Back