Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

I recall that there's a recurring problem related to contamination seeping through the concrete walls at one of the Crombie-era affordable housing buildings across the street. I think it's the one with the St Lawrence library branch, and if I recall correctly, the city has taken on the responsibility and cost of the periodic cleanup.

This week’s work.
6AB11AF6-6F9A-4BE9-AAEF-5274997D5EDC.jpeg

Yes, there were and are certainly other sites with contaminated soil in Toronto; some remove it all, others seal it in. Market Wharf and Time & Space decided it made them more $$ to seal the site and build above grade parking. 158 Front just opposite T&S excavated to bed-rock (and more) so they have below-ground parking.
Don't worry, all toxins will be assimilated.

I believe one of the buildings in the Distillery had an issue with contaminated soil seeping into a garage. I know that the data centre on Mill & Parliament had delays once they discovered a brick oil containment unit underground.

As for this site, I've walked by the south end many times over recent months, and have actually crossed the street because of the sweet, putrid smell. Thought it had something to do with the machines. Do they remediate the soil with any special chemical?

Anyone else always think of Doctor Who whenever they see this thread?

Time and [relative dimension in] Space Condos?

Even though it’s right there, I actually don’t have a view of it from my balcony. I could do some from ground level, but you can’t see much

Back