Time and Space Condos | 102m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

AHK

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sorry - I do not have a date - I was trying to provide some context as to how and why those who indicated had received new information on anticipated timeframes for the building, at this stage in the construction, when obviously the developer knew a long while ago that the originally anticipated timeframes would not be met.

As far as any more specific information on dates is concerned, please look back through the thread (and on the Time and Space thread in the Real Estate section) to see the posts that other members have made regarding anticipated dates and timeframes.

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
As far as any more specific information on dates is concerned, please look back through the thread (and on the Time and Space thread in the Real Estate section) to see the posts that other members have made regarding anticipated dates and timeframes.
... and when doing so, remember that most of us here do not have any actual facts about the schedule so you are looking at guesses based on past experience, one's mood and maybe the stars! Some may be right, or none may be!

Reactions: AHK

ak91

Member Bio
Reaction score
"Pemberton waited until enough of the project uncertainties had been resolved, to provide a new date "

when is the new estimated date? where are you hearing this from a reputable source?
The builder is required to notify buyers 90 days before the tentative occupancy date. Tentative occupancy is Nov 2020 for all units, so right now, there is no new date. Whoever owns a unit, will be notified sometime in August about the new estimate. Which, i expect will be revised again.... The way the law is structured does not pose any penalties on postponing occupancy (up to a certain point, i wanna say about 5 years from the 1st tentative occupancy, and i hope no one buys into a building that takes it that far). Having said that, buyers have all of this outlined in the contract. As nerve racking as it is, it is one of the risks that preconstruction poses. So if you do not feel well informed about all the risks and responsibilities dont buy into contracts that you are uncomfortable with. Ive purchased a unit in this building, and even though I look forward to move in, I cant say that I am surprised at the delay. Such delays are a standard in Toronto residential buildings, not optimal but not unexpected. The contract signed outlines everything in the most detail, if you paid hundreds of dollars the least you can do is read and understand what you are paying for. There's a reason why lawyers are required in real estate deals, make sure you choose a good one that will lay out for you all the risks you are facing, and what you are entitled to.

insider87

Member Bio
Reaction score
Sorry to all you purchasers waiting to move in, but I love my view, so the more delays the better. I'm sad they didn't dig up an old pipe or something.
you know your view will get even worst once the gas station is built into a condo