Time and Space Condos | 102m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
hey is the rumours about the builders pushing the completion of this condo being pushed back from May 2021 to October 2022 now ? If it is that is pretty disappointing I was hoping to at least be able to be in the occupancy stage by late this year. Im assuming that's out of the window ?
There is absolutely NO doubt that any kind of 'completion' in 2020 is totally out but I think May 2021 is possible (even if one is moving into the lower floors of a partially completed building.) Why it should take until October 2022 to at least have some occupancy I cannot see and where are these 'rumours' coming from?? . The excavation is all done, there is hardly any below-ground structure (and it's being worked on at the moment.) and (though it looks like an ugly mess to me!) it's not that tall.

innsertnamehere

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
This is a 30 storey building not even at grade - they aren’t occupying in 15 months. October 2022 might be a bit late, but I would guess winter 2022 is more accurate.

beautifulwar

Member Bio
Reaction score
I know someone that bought here. Sadly that person will have to wait till like 2022 or 2023. He regrets not buying daniel's east tower instead

i don't know what pemberton was thinking when they said 2020 occupancy

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I know someone that bought here. Sadly that person will have to wait till like 2022 or 2023. He regrets not buying daniel's east tower instead

i don't know what pemberton was thinking when they said 2020 occupancy
2020 was clearly never going to happen and anyone buying through a realtor ought to be asking them why they did not point that out! Developers are always optimistic but .....

AHK

Member Bio
Reaction score
2020 was clearly never going to happen and anyone buying through a realtor ought to be asking them why they did not point that out! Developers are always optimistic but .....
I suspect that what may have happened was the initial date was established shortly after acquisition of the land closed, and was based on what at the time seemed to be reasonable planning assumptions for the time required to obtain the necessary approvals and construct the building. I think it is obvious that things did not go as planned - obtaining planning approval for the configuration and density of the building being sought, iterations of architectural revision, the extent of contamination in the ground, and the late acquisition of the south west corner portion of the lot (its prior owner had been holding out, but passed away during the approval process enabling its acquisition) all served to stretch out the project.

Once the delays started building up, I am sure Pemberton realized the original dates were no longer workable. Not wanting to have an ongoing sequence of new target dates, Pemberton waited until enough of the project uncertainties had been resolved, to provide a new date with which they felt more comfortable. Now that design is finalized, all its approvals and permits are in place, and the excavation and below grade construction has reached the point where the contamination issues have been contained, from here on it is much more of a standard project process, most of the uncertainties are gone, and the revised date has been released.

Last edited:

Kenojuak

Member Bio
Reaction score
I suspect that what may have happened was the initial date was established shortly after acquisition of the land closed, and was based on what at the time seemed to be reasonable planning assumptions for the time required to obtain the necessary approvals and construct the building. I think it is obvious that things did not go as planned - obtaining planning approval for the configuration and density of the building being sought, iterations of architectural revision, the extent of contamination in the ground, and the late acquisition of the south west corner portion of the lot (its prior owner had been holding out, but passed away during the approval process enabling its acquisition) all served to stretch out the project.

Once the delays started building up, I am sure Pemberton realized the original dates were no longer workable. Not wanting to have an ongoing sequence of new target dates, Pemberton waited until enough of the project uncertainties had been resolved, to provide a new date with which they felt more comfortable. Now that design is finalized, all its approvals and permits are in place, and the excavation and below grade construction has reached the point where the contamination issues have been contained, from here on it is much more of a standard project process, most of the uncertainties are gone, and the revised date has been released.
This is a negative side effect of buying a preconstruction unit too early in the planning and development process. Wait until the site has been zoned. And buy from a reputable developer.

evandyk

Member Bio
Reaction score
I would like to think they’re doing nothing, but there is always a bunch of people puttering around down there, so they must be doing things. Hopefully very slowly.

beautifulwar

Member Bio
Reaction score

"Pemberton waited until enough of the project uncertainties had been resolved, to provide a new date "

when is the new estimated date? where are you hearing this from a reputable source?