Time and Space Condos | 102m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

evandyk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Even though it’s right there, I actually don’t have a view of it from my balcony. I could do some from ground level, but you can’t see much

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
So, the reason they haven't excavated the southern portion of the site to the same depth is because ??
Presumably because of cost of remediation and that is why (as discussed above) most of the parking is above grade. The site is polluted/contaminated so they got permission to cap it and if you look at the @evansdyk photos above you can see the black 'roofing felt' they are laying on top of the thin (?) concrete layer that have poured. I assume that they will be pouring a 'normal' concrete 'basement floor' on top of that in due course.

grey

Member Bio
Reaction score
They're capping the top of the contaminated soil like Market Wharf down the street, but what's protecting us when the water table rises due to sustained rain storms and melting snow, both of which are increasing in severity and frequency? Will residents be treated to a chromosome-damaging chemical soup emerging from the ground in the coming decades?

evandyk

Member Bio
Reaction score
So, the reason they haven't excavated the southern portion of the site to the same depth is because ??
I suspect they have been excavated to the same “depth” relative to Front St, but that makes for a shallower hole at the south end because Esplanade is lower than Front.