Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Hm, well 222 The Esplanade which is right beside it on the east side of Princess is 12 stories, technically 13 since the 12th story is two floors.

more like for 5000, double jeopardy. this plan is just entirely too out of place. U won't hear me say that too often either...back to the drawing board....if it makes it to construction, the least they could do is at least put a supermarket in the podium. that sobeys serves the area well

At a quick glance, the most ridiculous items of this proposal include:

the 13 - 17 storey "base building" that looks like a bunch of tower in the park buildings glued together without the park;

the canyon created on Princess street on the east side of the site;

what appears to be an internal courtyard which would be surrounded by 13-17 storeys;

900+ parking spaces which probably translates into 1500+ units.

If a building like this is the only thing that can be economically built on this site, than we are not in a healthy property market.

Anyone know who the architect is for this?

They paid a lot of that parcel of land, so they're going to have to get the biggest bang for their purchase price, and the city is going to play along, else off to the OMB we go. Rob Ford should be please as there are almost an extra 1000 cars going to be coming and going from this lot every single day.

They paid a lot of that parcel of land, so they're going to have to get the biggest bang for their purchase price, and the city is going to play along, else off to the OMB we go. Rob Ford should be please as there are almost an extra 1000 cars going to be coming and going from this lot every single day.

The City does not have to play along: if this were to go to the OMB as is, it would lose.

Ridiculous, inept and depressing. For starters.

I think plants trying to push up through the sidewalk would get more light than anything trying to live in that space between the bases.

Last edited:
Away from the new cluster of towers at Charles an Jarvis and the approved Monde Condo by the lake, it seems like developers are having a hard time with any approvals of hi-rises, east of Church street, south of Bloor street to the lake.....
i guess the locals just want to pretty well keep it as is, just with more parks and squares...Well, whatever makes them happy.

At a quick glance, the most ridiculous items of this proposal include:

the 13 - 17 storey "base building" that looks like a bunch of tower in the park buildings glued together without the park;

The absurd podium reminds me of the Kowloon Walled City, with the jam packed density massing, mash of buildings appearance, and laneway between the buildings. Overall, this awful project needs a lot of work to make it acceptable.

Kowloon Walled City by Traavis007, on Flickr

Back