Toronto Time and Space Condos | 101.8m | 29s | Pemberton | Wallman Architects

Not inside the canyon, but on those nice wide sidewalks (which definitely have room for trees).
I think they had some problems with the utilities on The Esplanade, so they couldn't plant any trees. But I heard the City has a big plan to fix up the whole Esplanade in a year or two, including planting trees as part of the renovation.

I think they had some problems with the utilities on The Esplanade, so they couldn't plant any trees. But I heard the City has a big plan to fix up the whole Esplanade in a year or two, including planting trees as part of the renovation.
I can well believe that this developer would be surprised to find utilities under the sidewalks - it's such a rare thing in an urban environment!! What is inexcusable is that the City has, so far, not forced them to do what they were told to do in the site plan. Yes, the City has plans to fix up David Crombie Park and adding trees on the north side of The Esplanade in this block was/is part of it. See: https://www.toronto.ca/city-governm...ent/david-crombie-park-revitalization-design/

Picture taken 27 May.
IMG_2023.jpeg

I have a new name for this - The Wall

We'll have The Well on the west end of the city... and The Wall on the east end!
There are plenty of UTers here who compared this condo with Kowloon Walled City, the most densely populated neighbourhood in human history.

I have a new name for this - The Wall

We'll have The Well on the west end of the city... and The Wall on the east end!
Not sure it is acceptable to discuss The Well and The Wall in the same post. One is a pretty decent effort that improves its neighbourhood and looks damned good. The other, isn't. One has made a significant effort to improve the streetscape, one has made absolutely none. etc etc

Back